This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

ConnectiCubFest 2007 - with Photos

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cecil » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:37 pm

Really nice. I'm making my list of stuff to bring. Tomorrow I pick up the new Cub hauler. Bigger, better and can carry more stuff. :D

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:42 pm

Cecil,

What are you getting for your Cub Hauler?

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Cecil » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:59 pm

I'll have pictures posted tomorrow night.

JohnL (BlackJeep)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 26321
Tractors Owned: -
1952 Farmall Cub "Squeaky"
1954 Farmall Cub "Patience"
2013 Kubota L3200

Postby JohnL (BlackJeep) » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:12 pm

Cecil,

Will Pris be attending? Nancy wants to line up some things for the ladies to do while we play.. :D

John
----- Farmall Cub - The most fun you can have with your pants on...

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:37 am

We all should have cub haulers for sure because you never know when a deal on a cub may come our way.

I have been working on a 10k capacity trailer for over a year now a little at a time here and there. It has two 6k axles and is fabricated from 7" channel. Now i need to put a hydraulic powered ramp on the rear so i won't need to handle anything when i use it. It went for its first inspection and the guy at the motor vechicle told me its one of the heaviest trailers of its size he has ever seen. I told him i like to know the trailer is there when its empty too. I mainly built it for off road use, plus if i ever get my farm it will come in handy too. (plus I can get more tractors, bigger tractors, and stack them up on this trailer too.)

My oldest son is an engineer and he is getting more cutting, more welding and design experience with this trailer too. The more hands on he gets the more it ties into his book smarts. Remember the strongest welded joint is the vertical one when you design something to make so you can fabricate/weld it as strong as possilbe. The widest side of the steel has to be in the vertical position too.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Cecil » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:41 am

John, Pris will be there on Saturday and maybe Sunday. We plan on driving back and forth. Depending on how long it takes me to come down on Friday. Get the new hauler today. Yea

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:51 am

Will there be anything parts wise for sale there? Maybe tractors too? Overall is this a cub/cadet/int tractor swap meet too?

I need to build a cub powered hoveround with off-road tires soon with a large shopping basket for cub parts.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

artc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06457
eBay ID: cmtelephone
Tractors Owned: Restored: 1950 Cub, 1950 Cub Demo, 1948 super AI, 1935 Silver King, 1946 Oliver 60 RC, John Deere M, 1950 C demo.

In working clothes:
1950 cub, 1948 cub, 1941 A, 1948 H, 1963 B414, 1958 240U, 1947 Oliver 60 industrial, Oliver 70 industrial. IH 450, 1963, another 1948 cub, 1946 I6 with Trogan front blade.

Postby artc » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:39 am

BigBill wrote
Will there be anything parts wise for sale there? Maybe tractors too? Overall is this a cub/cadet/int tractor swap meet too?

there will be a fairly extensive collection of vendors on the grounds. last years paid vendor spots topped 50 both days. added to that, some exibitors have a few things for sale as you wander about. you should be able to go home with more iron than you came with :lol:

Cecil, i must have missed your post on bringing mag parts out to repair the unit, so i had Magman fix it up. it was so rough he sold me a fixed on, that one only good for parts, i imagine. sorry about that.

see you all in 2 weeks. art
'If they're tappin', they're not burnin'
http://www.ZagrayFarmMuseum.org

Scott
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02769
eBay ID: scottdarowski
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 Cub
62 CCO
63 CCO
70 JD 112

Postby Scott » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:44 am

Yes bill you always come home with more iron than you go with. I have gotten both my cub cadet originals there and there is a guy there that sells cub parts and he has nice stuff.
Image On To Bigger Things

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:27 pm

Today we finally finished the power supply frame. Having KIT help me was awesome too I could of never done it all without him. Its looking very RED right now and the "IH" which KIT deburred today looks awesome too. I hope Kit's pics get posted soon so you can see the two of us at play. Were two old guys just going slow but we did get'r done. I hope we can get it mounted up next week too. The farmall red paint from tractor supply looks great too. I hope to hear it running.....

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Cecil » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:07 pm

I welded up the special anodes for the tank tonight. Lots of surface area and they are cheap.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:22 pm

Cecil (53 Cub) wrote:I welded up the special anodes for the tank tonight. Lots of surface area and they are cheap.

Mine are coming on Monday or Tuesday.. a whack of em :lol: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076

Postby Peter Person » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:45 pm

Hey everybody,
I got in late tonight and saw an email from Kit. He and Bill have been hard at work on the Cub Power Unit Stand for Zagray Farm and the ConnectiCubFest project.
Here is one picture (of many) that Kit took of Bill working on the base that he asked me to post.

A big round of applause for these two gentlemen please.

Thanks,
Peter

p.s. Kit & Bill, I will try to get the others posted over the weekend.
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:40 pm

Talked to Kit the other night and I KNOW these two have put a lot of effort into the project. I met Kit and his lovely bride up at Cecil's and am really looking forward to meeting Bill.

Great work guys!

Not looking too good for bringing a Cub or two for me, flat out around the house at the moment and the trailer is a 400 mile round trip away. A leak in the exhaust manifold of the truck may not even get fixed before the big event.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:52 am

Thats the "IH" in the center of the frame that i free hand torch cut and Kit cleaned it up and i have to say it looks pretty good. We had some set backs because of the wet/cold weather but we never gave up and we did complete our goal its fabricated and the assembly is next. I can't wait to see it all assembled too.

It was a great feeling to rest, take a breather and just paint it now that its all done. Me and Kit had a blast fabricating the frame for the Zagray Farm Museum it was a fun task. I think we did a great job and we showed what the farmallcub.com guys can do too, we have some pretty talented people across the country and around the world with there interests in cubs after it ties us all together. I have to add its great to be around people with the same interests. And if working with Kit was so much fun i can't wait to meet the rest of you guys. At this time i'd like to thank the people at Zagray Farm too for hosting our cubfest and giving us the oppertunity to help them out too.

The paint is the "Farmall Red" from tractor supply thats my favorite place to browse and shop. That Valspar paint seems to be a good quality paint.

Thats my SIMS cab for my 154 in the back ground too. On the other side of my sims cab is my pile of scrap steel just waiting to become something. Future projects, I guess it never ends.

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”