This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Shallow Creek was a Success!

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Shallow Creek was a Success!

Postby Barnyard » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:12 pm

Or more importantly I survived. The first couple of days wore me down fast, but getting plenty of rest each night made me better each day. One beer a night, no campfire and in bed around nine was what I needed.

Anyway, Thanks a bunch to everyone in attendance. Regina was a super big help to Rosanne prepping the meals. Some of the guys made sure it got from the kitchen to the eating area. That one pot of beans was a little beyond my lifting ability this weekend. Setting up tables and chairs was a chore made easy with all your help as well.

I never plan to work on my tractors at my CubFests, but since we were slow Saturday morning, I decided to tinker with a non runner. Before long several of you wandered over and started to get involved. In no time we had it going before lunch. I decided to try one more time with another Cub and by the end of the day there was another runner in the shop.

The BN was a project that I never expected to have in the shop for a CubFest. Last Fall Gary Dotson asked me to bring it in the shop since we were slow all weekend. He wanted to see what we were up against. By the end of the weekend the motor was sitting there needing just the sleeves removed and cleaned up. Gary said to leave it sit and he would scope it out more at the Barnyard Bash. The Bash came along and everything was removed and cleaned. Gary told me what parts to order for the Shallow Creek Fest. I got the parts in two weeks ago and now the motor is all together with new sleeves and pistons and is awaiting the head to be installed at the Bash in 2024. A big thanks Gary, Steve Butram, David Grapes, and Richard for all your work. If I missed anyone Gary will let me know.

Back to Shallow Creek, I can't thank everyone enough for the attendance and help getting ready. Rosie and I feel so blessed to have such great friends as you.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

cdahl383
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
Zip Code: 48162
Tractors Owned: 1949 Farmall Cub

Re: Shallow Creek was a Success!

Postby cdahl383 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:51 pm

My Dad and I had a great time Bill! Fixed a few things on my tractor, learned how to do a few things, and enjoyed some great food and conversations with everyone there!

It was fun watching that non-running Cub come to life! Here's a quick video of it coming back to life...

https://youtu.be/Uo5VqOFl-5s?si=s3S2ctgmrx3kmLTx