This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

We Need CubFest Hosts

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

We Need CubFest Hosts

Postby Barnyard » Tue May 09, 2023 10:20 am

Many of you have probably heard about CubFest, but how many know anything about them? In 2013 we had twenty-nine different Cub events on our calendar. Now it is 2023 and we have eight. What happened? Well some hosts have passed away, while others have just given up for various reasons. We need some of the newer and younger forum members to step up and help sponsor these events.

You don’t need a huge fairground or farm to host, just a place big enough to park cars, trucks and trailers. A shop that can accommodate a couple of project in case of inclement weather is an advantage, but many projects are worked on outdoors as well. A good set of tools is beneficial, but it doesn’t need to be a giant set.

If you are interested in hosting, check out http://www.cubfest.com.

If you want to see how one is set up, check out http://www.barnyardbash.com.

You don’t have to provide food as long as a good diner is close by for attendees to grab a meal. If you plan a two day (optional) event, a nearby motel is a good idea.

I heard forum members ask when a CubFest will be near their location. These are not traveling shows put on by one or two people that move from place to place. Each show is put on by a host who lives in the location of the fest.

Think about it. If you get interested in hosting, contact a current host or hosts and ask them what they think. There is no doubt they will eagerly give you all the advice they can that they have learned over the years. What are you waiting for? The time to step up is now.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Re: We Need CubFest Hosts

Postby Super A » Tue May 09, 2023 11:56 am

I have no idea if it's on the calendar but Cub-O-Lina Cubfest hosted by IH Collectors Chapter 37 in Sanford, NC is June 9-10.
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

phill_mi
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 49435
Tractors Owned: '47 Ford 2N (with '50 8N motor)
'48 Farmall Cub
C22 sickle
'52 Ferguson TO-30
'63 Farmall 560 gas with loader

Postby phill_mi » Tue May 09, 2023 6:04 pm

The 6th annual West Michigan CubFest will be June 8-10, 2023 with the IH Collectors Chapter 11 convention. More details at:
http://www.antiquefarmpowerclub.biz

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Tue May 09, 2023 9:19 pm

This is just an informational post seeking new hosts, not asking for upcoming events. Have these events been posted in the thread that asked for new dates?
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Tue May 09, 2023 10:18 pm

Are the two events listed above actual CubFests or are they just Cub shows?

The Michigan CubFest is close enough for Rosie and I to make it. I have a few repairs I need to get done and I never have time at the Bash to get to them. Will there be a lift for holding up the rear for final drive removal.

Circle of Safety

phill_mi
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 49435
Tractors Owned: '47 Ford 2N (with '50 8N motor)
'48 Farmall Cub
C22 sickle
'52 Ferguson TO-30
'63 Farmall 560 gas with loader

Postby phill_mi » Wed May 10, 2023 9:28 pm

Regarding the information that I shared about the "6th Annual West Michigan CubFest" on June 8-10, 2023 at the Muskegon County Fairgrounds, I got that information from the website http://www.antiquefarmpowerclub.biz. I joined this club at the April meeting which is when I learned about the CubFest event. I don't know who in the club has planed the CubFest or if they comply with a certain definition of a CubFest or if they know what that definition is. I sent the above information to a thread requesting event dates a few weeks ago. There are several guys in the club that have cubs, but they all tell me that they don't use or rarely use computers. I sent the information at their request, but I can't say I know the answer to your questions. I will try to find out who in the club is running this CubFest and find out what they have planned. The president of the IH Collectors Chapter 11 was at the club meeting this month discussing their plans to bring around 60 farmall tractors, including cubs, and also IH trucks and scout when they also have their convention concurrently.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Wed May 10, 2023 9:34 pm

In reading more about the Michigan and the Cub-o-Lina events, it appears they are more of a Cub Show than they are a CubFest. I will list them as a show on the calendar, so others are not confused and show up expecting to work on their Cubs.

Circle of Safety

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Thu May 11, 2023 6:51 am

Barnyard wrote:In reading more about the Michigan and the Cub-o-Lina events, it appears they are more of a Cub Show than they are a CubFest. I will list them as a show on the calendar, so others are not confused and show up expecting to work on their Cubs.

I can guarantee you if someone shows up with a project at Cub-O-Lina, it'll get attention. Just let me know, or contact the host ahead of time so everybody can be ready. We don't get all hung up on semantics down here.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Farmall51
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub #1983
1949 Farmall C
1951 Farmall Cub
1951 Farmall Super C
1961 Cub Cadet original
1979 Farmall 140 #66701
1979 Farmall 140 #66896

Postby Farmall51 » Thu May 11, 2023 7:42 am

Barnyard wrote:In reading more about the Michigan and the Cub-o-Lina events, it appears they are more of a Cub Show than they are a CubFest. I will list them as a show on the calendar, so others are not confused and show up expecting to work on their Cubs.

I can assure you that the CubOlina CUB FEST is infact a CUB FEST. Chapter 37 is the Host of this event and we do have events like plowing, implement tutorials, history talks and various shop projects going on. No this isn't quite like the other cub fest where they mostly just work on tractors we do it all. . If you could add this event to the CUB FEST PAGE and not just to the show page alone. Thank you

Matt Holder
Chapter 37 President
AKA" Farmall51" YouTube
Farmall51

formerly 61cub51

Farmall504#20 on the Red Power Forum
https://www.youtube.com/user/farmall51

jasondepinto
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 08889
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub
1956 Cub Loboy
1957 IH S-160

Postby jasondepinto » Tue May 23, 2023 6:12 am

I've thought about hosting a Cubfest, but I'm not sure how much interest there would be. I am located in New Jersey, about 25 miles from the Pennsylvania border. I have a 30x40 shop, with all the tools one would need, and even a 5 acre field for playing with implements. Cecil's Cubfest helped me out tremendously when restoring my '51. The knowledge I gained from those who attended is immeasurable, and I am so grateful. Funnily enough, it took me traveling up to NY state to meet someone who lives in my town, who is now a good friend! When there is no longer a NY/NJ/PA area Cubfest, I will gladly carry the torch to the next generations. If we can get them off their phones for long enough! :roll:
Circle of Safety

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076

Postby Peter Person » Tue May 23, 2023 6:21 am

jasondepinto wrote:I've thought about hosting a Cubfest, but I'm not sure how much interest there would be. I am located in New Jersey, about 25 miles from the Pennsylvania border. I have a 30x40 shop, with all the tools one would need, and even a 5 acre field for playing with implements. Cecil's Cubfest helped me out tremendously when restoring my '51. The knowledge I gained from those who attended is immeasurable, and I am so grateful. Funnily enough, it took me traveling up to NY state to meet someone who lives in my town, who is now a good friend! When there is no longer a NY/NJ/PA area Cubfest, I will gladly carry the torch to the next generations. If we can get them off their phones for long enough! :roll:

I would encourage you to try a one-day minifest. You might be surprised how many show up. We had a CubFest in CT for a number of years in conjunction with the Zagray Farm Spring Power-Up show. Always a good time and attended by regulars at Cecil’s as well as local cubbers that didn’t want to travel as far.
Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

KLove
Zip Code: 35151

Postby KLove » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:43 pm

We might be interested in a one day event. Possibly 2 with enough arm twisting! Lol. We are in Sylacauga, AL. If someone wants to call me with some details? Kevin..... 256-4zero4-0123

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:30 am

KLove wrote:We might be interested in a one day event. Possibly 2 with enough arm twisting! Lol. We are in Sylacauga, AL. If someone wants to call me with some details? Kevin..... 256-4zero4-0123

Do it Kevin! This area is in need after loosing Deep South Cub Fest. I would love to host it but with 2 toddlers it would be too much right now. Maybe one day. Heck, you've got enough Cubs now to host it by yourself even if noone shows up! haha.
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

Dale Finch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '51 Cub #140966 "Bruno" with Woods 59 mower
'55 Cub #187541 "Betty" with Fast Hitch
'55 Cub #190482 "Ben" with Woods 42 mower
'55 Cub #191739 "Bertha" with Woods 42 mower
'56 Cub #194370 "Boris" with Mott Flail mower

Postby Dale Finch » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:56 am

KLove wrote:We might be interested in a one day event. Possibly 2 with enough arm twisting! Lol. We are in Sylacauga, AL. If someone wants to call me with some details? Kevin..... 256-4zero4-0123

A decent Cubfest really needs to be 2 days minimum, and 3 is MUCH better. It's not much more effort for the host as far as prep, but because of the distance many folks travel,one day would not be worthwhile...no time to complete many common issues worked on at Cubfests.

I WILL say, that if you offer meals (donuts/coffee, light lunch & dinner), it is obviously more work for SOMEONE!! :lol:

If you haven't been, you might consider attending the LA Cubfest in March in Bogalusa, LA. It is beautifully run by a "team" of cub folks, and has fantastic facilities. Theirs is among the best, but most Cubfests do not NEED to be that grand for a fun, successful Cubfest.

As AL Farmall Boy said, we really do need a replacement gathering in the "Deep South"!! GO FOR IT!!
:{_}: :tractor:
Dale Finch
Circle of Safety

Eugene H.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36255
Tractors Owned: 1952 Cub
1973 154-Lo-Boy

Postby Eugene H. » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:22 am

Kevin,
If you will host one, I'll be there to help you with anything you need. I'm only about 40 minutes from you.
i would love to get one started in this area.
:tractor: