This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

2019 Buckeye Cub Thank You!

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43783
Circle of Safety: Y

2019 Buckeye Cub Thank You!

Postby 1541 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:37 pm

Jim Steven, Barry Souders, Eric King & Sara Simmons.jpg
2nd Place Jim Stevens, 3rd Place Barry Souders, Winner Eric King. Golden Shaft presented by Sara Simmons

Congratulations to the 2019 Buckeye Cub Tug Winner Eric King of Amelia, Ohio. The win was especially meaningful to Eric as it was on the tractor that his friend Mike Jones owned. The family gave the tractor to Eric after Mike’s passing last year. Second place went to Jim Stevens and third place to Barry Souders.

Bonnie and I want to thank everyone for making the 2019 Buckeye Cub Tug successful. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves as much as we did. For those who didn’t attend the drivers meeting on Saturday, we dedicated this year’s Cub Tug to Ralph Napier. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Ralph for a full and speedy recovery.

This year there were people representing 10 states: New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Indiana, Illinois, Tennessee, Colorado, Florida, Louisiana, and of course, the Buckeye State, Ohio. Please let me know if I missed a state. I tried to at least say hello to everyone, but I know I missed a few folks.

This event wouldn't have been possible if not for the help and guidance from Darrell and Janet Ratliff. Darrell and Janet spent many evenings and weekends helping us prepare and were here the entire week of the event. We would also like to thank, John, Sheri and Mikey Ratliff. What can I say? John is a wizard in the kitchen and it would be danged near impossible to feed everyone without him. The famous omelet breakfast would not have been possible without Mark Sharp donating 15 dozen eggs. Also, a special thanks goes out for Bill Weisbrodt, who logged many hours mowing to make the place look presentable, and Tootle’s Karaoke for providing the Friday night entertainment and for providing the sound system for Sara Simmons. A special thanks goes out to Sara Simmons and Kevin Key for providing the Saturday evening entertainment.

I would also like to thank the Village of Somerset and the Somerset Memorial Park Board for letting us use the park and the pulling track; Doug Snider for preparing the track; Southeastern Ohio Garden Tractor Pullers Association for donating the pulling sled; John Martin for providing the pullback tractor; Landmark Auto Parts for being available for afterhours parts runs and providing hats for our Cub Tug Winners; the Snider Family and all others who contributed and I have may have missed.

We also want to thank the Somerset Boy Scout Troop 257 for providing the trackside lunch. It is always a special treat to have lunch and watch the activities. The Scouts mentioned that they would also like to thank everybody for their support and the generous donations. And of course, none of this would have been worth doing if folks didn't show up and bring their Cubs. Thank you for coming and making it a fun weekend. We look forward to seeing everyone again next year.

And finally, we would like to thank Cecil, Don, Bob and everyone else who pitched in to get the French Super Cub running.

Doug & Bonnie
Buckeye Cub Tug
July 26 & 27, 2024
Somerset, Ohio

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 2019 Buckeye Cub Thank You!

Postby Barnyard » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:57 pm

I had a great time! Thanks to all involved.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”