This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

This winter's projects

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

This winter's projects

Postby Eugene » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:21 am

Usually have one or two indoor winter projects to work on in the house basement shop.

This winter's big project was to repair wife's antique secretary which she uses as a desk. Secretary had multiple previous repairs. Disassembled the secretary, cleaned up some of the previous repairs and reassembled. Wife is using touch up wood paste and coloring to touch up holes made during previous repairs.

The secretary has a drop down door that serves as a desk. Took quite a while to locate suitable hinges for the drop down desk.

Wife is applying finish to a pull toy turtle. Wife wanted a toy turtle, so I made one. Any way, over the years I have made quite a number of wooden toys, some animated. Wife and daughter have them on display.

Usual winter project is a camel back trunk. It usually takes several months to rebuild, refinish, an antique trunk. The labor involved in redoing a trunk probably explains why they are so expensive. Last winter's project was a camel backed trunk that I initially purchased for $35-. That trunk is in the living room, but had to gave a previous truck project to daughter to make room.

Next this winter project. Wife was given an antique doll camel back trunk by her mother, years ago. Needs a couple of repairs.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Re: This winter's projects

Postby Stanton » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:44 am

Sounds like you're keeping yourself busy and I know you prefer it that way.

The days are getting longer. The weatherman said last night that we'll pick up over 60 minutes of additional daylight in February. I'm all for that!
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Slim140
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: .
1970 International 140
1972 International 140
1949 John Deere A
1993 Ford 4630 W/Loader
1965 John Deere 110
1961 Cub Cadet Original

Postby Slim140 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:00 am

Stanton wrote:Sounds like you're keeping yourself busy and I know you prefer it that way.

The days are getting longer. The weatherman said last night that we'll pick up over 60 minutes of additional daylight in February. I'm all for that!

Talked to a guy the other day, he's never happy about anything and he said "the days are getting longer" I said "no, they still have 24 hours in them". He got that look and said "I mean the daylight is getting longer." He couldn't help but smile :lol:
Every home is a school, what are you teaching?

Circle of Safety

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:45 am

Shane Nelson wrote:
Stanton wrote:Sounds like you're keeping yourself busy and I know you prefer it that way.

Talked to a guy the other day, he's never happy about anything and he said "the days are getting longer" I said "no, they still have 24 hours in them". He got that look and said "I mean the daylight is getting longer." He couldn't help but smile :lol:

Yeah, I battle with those sayings versus being more literal, and frankly, can go either way. But I do know some people that seem to pounce on sayings like that, just to show you how correct they are.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:34 pm

Eugene wrote:.......... Wife wanted a toy turtle, so I made one. .......
She going through her 2nd childhood? or maybe 3rd? :lol: :surrender:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Projects Forum”