This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

47 cub and loader

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: 47 cub and loader

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:56 pm

A little bit more done as I feel like it. Things will get done faster as it warms up and quits raining, at least that is what I keep telling myself.
2017-03-29_0174.JPG
2017-03-29_0175.JPG

This will be neither a slow nor a fast paint job, more of a half fast paint job. You have to say that aloud to get the full meaning
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:53 pm

GOT IT JOHN!! LOL!!! thanks; sonny

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:22 pm

Took a few days, but a little further along. According to forecasters it will be a few days before I roll it outside and finish degreasing.
2017-04-16_0188.JPG
2017-04-16_0189.JPG
2017-04-16_0190.JPG
2017-04-16_0194.JPG

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:52 pm

Between weather, my health, wife's health, etc. It has taken me longer than I planned, Everything is done except for installing gas tank, which will wait till after Cubarama since I want to use this as a demonstration unit for Tinker Time.
small 1.jpg

small 2.jpg

I put oil in the finals and mounted them to the tractor and left them that way for a week while I took care of a couple other projects, but a few days after the wheels were installed I found the left one was leaking either from the axle seal, or from the retainer gasket. Due to having inside weights on the wheels I can't tell which it is till I remove the wheel, so it will just have to leak till after Cubarama is over and I have more time.
small 3.jpg

T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63628
Tractors Owned: '40 H
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
No. 8 Little Genius 2-12 Plow
IH Running Gear
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby T-Mo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:09 am

Hi, John. I've seen this tractor when you had it split apart back in May when my nephew and I were over at your place, getting acquainted with the Cub world. Sorry I couldn't make it over Saturday or Sunday, but life has a way of getting in the way. Anyways, this is one I want to see when I can make it over there. At least I might be able to see it at Cubarama if it's there when I am.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:23 am

T-Mo wrote:...... At least I might be able to see it at Cubarama if it's there when I am.

Unless something unexpected comes up it will be there from about noon Thursday till mid or late afternoon Sat. I thought that while the hood was off it would be a good chance to show anyone new to cubs some maintenance tips on one. Of course, first tip is don't take the hood off, when you do that "I might as well" takes over.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:25 pm

Finally got back to work on it today, almost finished except for an oil leak in left final. With the wheels dished out and a set of weights on the inside I will have to pull the wheel to see if it is new axle seal or gasket though.

I put the hood back on today, and thought when I started I needed to flush the gas line which had been laying around since March, but it slipped my mind. Guess what, it was plugged. Thankfully I tested the fuel flow from the carb drain before I tried to start it, and was lucky enough none of the dirt got into the carb. Tomorrow I plan to check the leak, and put the 3rd set of weights back on. I had thought I might even get the loader back on, but I realized just before I came to the house I had not painted the grill yet, and it is unhandy to put on once the loader is mounted, so the loader will wait another day or so.