This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

repurposing old ATV cultivators for fast hitch

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
Rothgardens
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 08721
Tractors Owned: 1955 Cub loboy
1950 Cub
1958 Wheel Horse RJ 58
1979 John Deere 950

repurposing old ATV cultivators for fast hitch

Postby Rothgardens » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:54 pm

I had these old cultivators i used on my atv for food plots, now I want to use them on my fast hitch. Every bar was bent and had to straighten with a little heat and a pipe. Cut off the old wheels and a frame hitch. Kind making my own tool bar setup. Hopefully it work right!
ImageLow Budget Tractor!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Re: repurposing old ATV cultivators for fast hitch

Postby Scrivet » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:12 am

I would try to figure out some type of trip or get used to straightening them. If an ATV bends them I'd be pretty certain a Cub will also.

Curious how you are using them in food plots. Are you using them as plows just to break up the ground or do you have something planted and you are knocking the weeds down between the rows?

Rothgardens
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 08721
Tractors Owned: 1955 Cub loboy
1950 Cub
1958 Wheel Horse RJ 58
1979 John Deere 950

Re: repurposing old ATV cultivators for fast hitch

Postby Rothgardens » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:51 am

Really just to brake up the ground, then i would plant. I was moving alot faster with the 4x4 quad and found a couple of roots that just wouldn't give! Usually NJ is soft sandy soil and it worked great to get things started. if i just use them in the garden, i don't think i will have any real problems.
ImageLow Budget Tractor!

Return to “Projects Forum”