This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New Wood Shed

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

New Wood Shed

Postby Rudi » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:14 pm

I have had this idea beetling around in me cranium for a number of years but there was always something else to do .. not enough time .. not enough coin etc.... but this year well time to get off the pot and giterdone...

Dad and I salvaged a whole pile of fencing material when they tore down one of the old local schools - Dad said that it would come in handy sometime. Well a lot of the stock already has. I have made 3 of my flag poles from this stock, tower guy supports and a bunch of other stuff. Still finding more uses for the stock.

So here is what we is doing. Fire wood stores best covered. I need to keep at least 2 years of cut wood dry at all times. Learned that the hard way. If it is left outside some of it can go punky real quick and all that work has been wasted. Keeping the wood dry keeps the BTU count up there so it makes a lot of sense to keep it dry.

1st step is to build the foundation. Here is how it is going:

Ray brought the Auger truck over and dug the holes with Mario my go-to-guy helping to get them level/plumb/tamped. They are all ready now for the floor to get framed. Going to use pressure treat stock methinks. Should last a long time. Still thinking on how it is all going together - have a few ideas but .. pretty fluid so far.

Best part?

I got to sit in me ride, have a :coffee: and just watch the fun :big smile:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: New Wood Shed

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:41 pm

Best part?

I got to sit in me ride, have a :coffee: and just watch the fun :big smile:[/quote]\

beats having to dig those holes!
Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Re: New Wood Shed

Postby Scrivet » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:40 pm

Pretty neat getting the posts already concreted in. To bad you didn't think to get the post holes as well while you were salvaging material. :lol: