This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Motion Lights Inside

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120
Circle of Safety: Y

Motion Lights Inside

Postby ricky racer » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:47 pm

This isn't earth shattering but some might find it useful. My daughter Ashlynn, got her drivers license this last September. With the barn filled up with my junk, my wife’s and my vehicles in our attached 2 car garage, Ashlynn needed a place to park her car out of the weather.

I cleaned out one stall of one of our out buildings to allow her to park inside. There is no automatic garage door opener so she would have to open the overhead door the old fashion way. :lol: To make life easier and maybe safer, I removed a light fixture in that stall and installed a motion detection light. When she opens the door the light comes on and after she closes it, the light goes out.

The duration of time the light stays on can be adjusted from just a couple of minutes to 15 minutes or so. She is not parking in there now but that light is kind of handy. I like it. Should someone, with bad intentions decide to break in during the night sometime, they will be surprised when the light comes on. I've even seen alarms that screw into a standard light socket so that might make for a cheap alarm system.

Anyway, I thought someone might benefit from this. It would be handy is a backyard shed and maybe other places.

1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Motion Lights Inside

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:23 pm

When we built our house I poured a floor for garage but did not build it till later. I had a motion sensor light over the kitchen door, and when we built garage I left the sensor there and wired it to the inside lights of the garage. I liked that so well that when I built my shed I wired to lights inside it that come on when you enter the shed from any of the doors. I also have a bug light on a timer in both locations that runs 2 or 3 hours late in the evening and gets any insects that are attracted to the lights when you are entering.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Motion Lights Inside

Postby Eugene » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:51 pm

No commercial electricity at shop. I installed solar powered motion detector lights outside the main entrance door and immediately inside the door. They work pretty good. The interior lights provide just enough illumination to see the path around equipment.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Projects Forum”