This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

building/concrete interface care

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
Rmankty
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48446

building/concrete interface care

Postby Rmankty » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:36 am

Hello, My Mothers pole barn had concrete pads poured up to overhead doors. There are two overhead doors,seperated by 4' section of front covered with siding.At the joining of the concrete pads and the concrete floor of pole barn are expansion joints.Actually there are alot of criss-cross joints in this concrete parking area.I am replacing old sealant and backerod on entire driveway and parking area.My Question deals with the best way to protect the building where it meets the concrete.Some gaps are small, some not so small.I am thinking of just forcing as much backer rod I can get in area, or sand if no room to work and then sealing with DAP 3 hr sealant.Any ideas out there? Thank you for your help!Some areas look like they had nothing there to start with.Shouldnt there be material and cauking between all exterior walls and concrete at base?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: building/concrete interface care

Postby Eugene » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:01 am

I think someone would have to take a look at your problem to determine a solution.

We used expanding insulation foam to seal between a deck and the side of a house. Once the foam cured, caulked over the foam and between the deck and the house.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Projects Forum”