This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Snow Plow hitch

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
shiggy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61776
Tractors Owned: '47 F Cub
'53 H
'66 140

Snow Plow hitch

Postby shiggy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:57 pm

Page might load a bit slow due to pictures. :wink:

Here's what I mainly build during the winter. We usually get 1-2 new tandems (internationals) per year at work. They come in with stainless steel dump bed mounted, hydraulics, and hydraulic side plow already mounted/installed. All I have to do is build the front hitch, back hitch and out the door it goes. Man, that sounds easy now, lol. Anyways, I build all the front hitches the year prior to getting a new truck in. And I always like having a spare sitting on a pallet in the shop, you never know when one might get tore up beyond repair. We also get our snow plows in without any hitch mounted to them, that's where I come into play. Once I get the hitch on the truck mounted, I'll start building hitch that goes on the snow plow.

Here's some pics of a snow plow hitch I did back in 2009. This fall (fall of 2011) I'll grab some more pics of building one that will show it on the welding table all the way to the final if anybody is interested. I won't go into much details about the pics here unless asked.

These dates are correct in the following pics.

I build the top part of the hitch on the table, then use the overhead crane to set it in place, notice the grab hook that's just tacked.

Here it is with the truck pulled into the plow.

And here it is all completed with jackstand.

Here are the truck hitches that I made. One is left over spare from last year and one was built this winter (2010-2011). Only expecting 1 tandem this coming summer. Dates in the following pics is not correct.

Later this year when I mount one of those on a new truck, I'll grab some pics and post if anybody is interested. It'll be this fall for sure.

Thanks for looking
adam

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

shiggy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61776
Tractors Owned: '47 F Cub
'53 H
'66 140

Re: Snow Plow hitch

Postby shiggy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:32 pm

Here's our fleet, all 18. Notice the 4 Pete's are up front.

adam

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bill Hudson » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:55 am

Adam,

You have some serious fabrication skills! I'm really enjoying your pics of your projects.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:43 am

Image to what Bill said :!: Them are some serious skills :D I really enjoy seeing your projects as well. They are well done to be sure.

Nice looking fleet - even with the Pete's. They are a nice truck .. but I sure like the looks of the Internationals.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:54 am

WOW ! :-:-):

That's some mighty fine weldin over there for sure!

Return to “Projects Forum”