Hmmm, been gone a few days and seems I gots a lot of reading to catch up on.. Been kinda busy the last few days. Been making some progress on the Pole Barn pProject and the repair the shop project. Yesterday and today I spent most of the time with my
son Duane building new
insulated pine doors for
the main shop to replace the old overhead door which I have never liked. We alos built the new
insert to strengthen the wall which has been damaged from a lot of frost heaving, truck traffic and a serious lack of coin 20 years ago when I built it.
Never ever pour a concret slab without lots and lots of re-bar and re-inforcing mesh otherwise you get what I gots -- Pangea
No pics yet, but lots of sore muscles. Also have been hunting up deals and bargains. Another great deal on lumber and on rubber dam. I used what was left of my
45mil rubber pond liner protecting the bottom few inches of the pole barn and ensuring that no water gets into the barn, and have continued the practice around the old shop. Almost have enough scavenged heavy duty rubber to finish the project. I needed another 120 feet of 45mil rubber so I started looking at alternatives. Rubber pond liner which is $1.00/sq ft gets expensive
Looked at eave dam -- but that works out ot $1.00/sq ft. So.... being frugal and a real practitioner of the 3 R's - Reduce, Re-Use and ReCycle... I hit the local heavy equipment tire repair shop that changes loader and tractor trailer tires out here when the guys get a flat.
They had some nice loaded loader tubes.... the CaCl sort of stings a bit, but the rubber is 45 mil which is ideal. One tube from a JD644D will provide almost 30 lineal feet of dam... Got another tube yesterday, hopefully another one tomorrow and maybe a couple beginning of theweek. That should about take care of my
the moment. May need some more for my
small baby barn as we move that in 2 weeks.. but that is still 2 weeks away.
Hopefully postpics tomorrow or Sunday, until then, enjoy.. I gts to get back to work