This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New Home for my Cubs

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: New Home for my Cubs

Postby Jeff Silvey » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:30 pm

Nice barn Rudi. It only took a year.
Keep the cold your way.
Be safe in plowing.
In my line of work
" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:34 pm

Rudi, Glad to see that its all closed in. Looks like a good place for the Dieppe Cubfest. I hoping to get started on a steel building next year.

Bob
Last edited by Bob McCarty on Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:40 pm

Jeff M wrote:
Rudi wrote:Why the Stop Sign you might ask? Well after my experience this summer on the private road that my wife's family own's, we are now closing our driveway daily. Seems people do not quite get the concept that private property is "well" private :big say what:. Nearly every day we have somebody going for a drive down our driveway cause they think it is either access to the Mill, a shortcut to Melanson Road (they would have to invent a car that could swim because of the lake back ther) or just want to see what is up that road....

Do you think they are surprised when they get to the end and find themselves at treetop level??

Building looks great, Rudi. It sure is nice being able to keep STUFF inside UNDER COVER!!!!

:big smile: :bellylaugh:

They better have good brakes :!: :{_}: :{_}: Jeff, the pile of hot stuff is almost gone, the side of the road is well mulched and with luck it will be growing stuff in the spring. If we are lucky, the minifest on Friday might put Ellie's new head where it belongs..

oh.. anyone in the area, feel free to pop on over.. Friday 10am Bruce and Dale are supposed to be here.... :{_}:

Bob: IT is going to be a nice place to play if I can put the project for september together... keep your fingers crossed :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:16 pm

Rudi wrote:...Bob: IT is going to be a nice place to play if I can put the project for september together... keep your fingers crossed :!:

Rudi,

You keep droppin' hints. I'm waiting. :) :)

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:44 pm

Nice job!!!!!

If me and the misses can come to terms on how big i want my new garage type barn i can get it started. I say big and she says small. We can never have enough room for sure. I have a woodstove for it already so i can keep my tractors as snug as a bug in a rug.

Its been in the 20's here all day high 20's to low 20's right now. They did predict its going to be a colder than normal winter with lots of snow. All i do is feed the woodstove its really toasty now, i have about 14 cords of wood so let it snow....
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155

Postby VinceD » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:40 pm

Looks real good, Rudi. Glad to see you got it all sealed up before the snow and cold.

Now, can you come help with mine? :D :D
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:29 pm

With winter starting to rear it's pretty white head... it is nice to be able to work in a warm shop.. even if it is just solar heating :big smile:

It was -8C this morning when I went out to the pole barn, but inside it was warm enough to work in my shirt sleeves. That lasted till about 4pm when it started to get a bit chilly. Gord was over at 1030, but Bruce and Dale didn't make it.. problem with the van.. so the Mini-Fest is put off until next week sometime I think.. :roll: :( .. but it will be fun.

I can actually see the ground and there is room to move around now.. a few more days and I should have most of the shelving done and then loaded up with parts from the Garden Shed. I am not worried about the integrity of the shelving. I would have prefered steel racking, but doing it the old way works too. The one shelf has my Cub-144 and my Cub-54 on that 6 foot section, plus the added weight of MOI :!: and didn't move a midge... made me very happy.

So far there is 96 lineal feet of shelving which works out to 288 square feet of storage space. Even the old roof area has been utilized. I have my vertical all band milspec hf antenna, drainage pipe, gutters (all 10 foot sections) and my SS Rabbit Cage stored up there. Gord's Whiffle Trees are in there as well. :big say what: :lol: I am likin this a lot :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

redfin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 70737

Postby redfin » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:15 pm

Rudi
Good to see the shop closed in. The Clampett clan will be glad to have your comapny this winter I am sure. :big smile:

Jim :D

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

New Home for my Cubs - Update 2013

Postby Rudi » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:47 pm

It has been a long time since the Pole Barn has been sheathed in. Almost 5 years now in fact. Wow, time flies by doesn't it :?: In the intervening seasons the pole barn has been insulated, wired. The pic shows a kinda messy area .. but like most of the construction before this, the primary materials are all recovered/recycled including the insulation. There was a strip mall being demolished and I managed to salvage pretty much all of it. Managed to get it all home before winter set in in 2010.

The sheathing inside on the walls and the ceilings is also recycled.

Image Image

The overhead beam is painted and the 1/2 ton trolley is mounted. The vertical I-beam is also mounted and will be the support for my lawn mower lift servicing table.

Only a little bit of stuff left to finish - mostly up around the roof of the shop. The roof has been sealed about 4 times now .. mostly with foundation coating - liquid asphalt is a really nice sealant and it rolls on easily with a roller.

Image Image

Image Image

Last year when they came by to seal my driveway (they use liquid asphalt undiluted with gas which lasts real well btw), I had them reseal the pole barn roof :idea: :D

Image Image

Image Image

Anyways, time has gone by and my health has deteriorated substantially so there is stuff I can no longer do and I must hire to do that. The aluminium trimming, siding and roofing qualify under what must be contracted out. A neighbour of my brother-in-law Ray, who actually bought Em's aunt's house happens to be a finisher - finish carpentry, aluminium and siding are all part of his trade. He has finally come home after 20 years in the Miami construction market. Mario is a real asset to us and he will be doing a fair amount of work for us around the property.

Image Image

Image Image

More pics as the progress continues. By winter it will be all done :{_}: finally :roll:

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:02 am

Looks good, brother. I'm politely envious. :)
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:03 pm

When we did the house over and went to vinyl siding we figured we wouldn't cheap out on it so we bought Mitten Cambridge in Sandcastle which really went well with the Chocolate Brown Aluminum that we wanted for the trim. The house used to be finished in a faux Tudor style .. emulating stucco and post & beam construction. We wanted to keep a little of that flavour as it suited the silhouette of the house nicely.

Obviously we intended to carry this over to the shop at some point. That point has come .. so we are getting the shop done so I have some place warm to play this winter.

Image Image

With the sun setting in the west, it changes the colour somewhat.

Image Image

This was 2 days putzing for Mario. :D

Mario should be here on Saturday to do the front. Probably going to do the structure for the front roof as well. We will see what happens. More to come :D

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:08 pm

Rudi, That's looking great.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

pickerandsinger
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13143
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub Low Boy w/ FH Mott Flail Mower
1953 Cub w/ sprayer and 54A blade (Chompers)
1954 Cub w/fast hitch (Ira)
1948 Cub ( Papa Paul)with Henderson loader..
1951 Mutt mix Cub (BattleAx
1950 Farmall Cub (basket case demo)
Cub parts tractor
2019 " KuB"ota 2601 loader and roto tiller
1951 Ferguson TEA 20 (parts)( Uncle Rusty)
F/H Disc Harrow for cub L-38
C-22 Sickle Bar Mower
IH C2 and C3 mower
Universal tool attachment with disc hillers..Rear cultivators (various tips
York Rake for Cub home made
Single bottom Plow for Cub F194
Gravely 5660 12 hp/ w snoblower.rototiller,bush hog

Postby pickerandsinger » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:57 pm

Home sweet home.jpg
Home sweet home.jpg (47.09 KiB) Viewed 1563 times
Yep, Found it....Looks real nice :thumbsup: I really like the color....
In Memory of 58,286

Return to “Projects Forum”