This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New shop, finally!

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: New shop, finally!

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:26 am

I built 2 4x4 foot sheds, one for the air compressor, the other for the dust collector, for the blast cabinet. Compressor arrived last week, after being ordered in early December. Pressure switch leaks. They sent me another switch, which I'll put in, this week. I have most of the piping in, for the air. 50 feet of 1/2 inch pipe, to allow the air to cool, before it gets to the blast cabinet. Couple of water separators installed in it, too. I added a outside vented propane heater, since the unvented oine I borrowed from my greenhouse, made it rain in the shop. No tractors in for the past few weeks, trying to get everything operational, before starting on tractor repairs again.

Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: New shop, finally!

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:50 am

I repaired the compressor. Wasn't the pressure switch, it was the check vlve at the tank. (They sent me one of them, along with the pressure switch). Ran it and checked my pipes for leaks. No leaks, but the pressure regulator for the blast cabinet, doesn't adjust. Amazon is sending a new one. I went with a cheap one, because it will be set at 90 pounds and probably never adjusted again. Should have bought a more expensiv one. No quality control, on products you buy, these days. Not so much, on a 20 dollar regulator, but I expect a $1200 compressor to work! (Maybe I'm expecting too much)

Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety