This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Our Kassie Girl

Pet Memorial Forum. A place dedicated to those wonderful pets that have served our members faithfully and touched our hearts forever.
Forum rules
Post pictures and stories of your loved and lost pets (Dog's, cats, birds, horses, sheep, goats, etc.).
Rianna
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36748

Our Kassie Girl

Postby Rianna » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:03 am

We lost our 23 year old Kassie one week ago today:( On June 29, 2011, "Momma's Little Girl" passed away while standing on my chest and getting her head scratched. She had started having trouble breathing a few days earlier and I was giving her breathing treatments with antibiotics. I had just got her positioned for the treatment and her "Daddy" walked over to talk to her when I realized she wasn't going to make it. She drew her last breath surrounded by love. I never knew her death would hurt so much but it did and it's still pretty tough. Our house seems so quiet now without our watch-bird. If anything moved outside, she would alert us immediately.

Rest in peace our sweet Kassie Girl. You brought lots of joy and happiness to our home for 23 years. You will never be forgotten!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Our Kassie Girl

Postby John(videodoc) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:20 am

Sorry for your loss. We too, lost our Maxwell a couple of weeks ago. That was rough.

Rianna
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Rianna » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:19 am

Thank you John. I am sorry about your Maxwell:(

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:19 pm

Rianna - I am sorry for your loss. Whether they're feathered or furry they are a part of the family and it hurts to lose them.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Rianna
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Rianna » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:31 pm

Thank you Bigdog. Your words are so true.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:56 pm

Rianna:

Condolences on loosing Kassie Girl. They really do become not just part of the family but a huge part of us. Cockatiels are great birds .. and they interact with their "parents" like many youngsters almost. And they love to be handled... really 8)

So far we still have Woodstock and Flip - a mated pair of Cockatiels. We have had them oh probably 10 years now at least. No younguns though - cage isn't big enough. They are a part of the family. I know how we felt when we lost our cats Black Paws and White Paws and then when we lost Spook. They truly are members of the family and their loss is profound.

Unfortunately, we have to find a new home for our birds. With my COPD and PF the docs say we can no longer keep them if I want to keep my health up. That is going to be hard. Like your Kassie Girl, Flip and Woodstock have taken over from Spook and are now our intruder alarm ... :lol: Half the time we are not sure who/what/where that intruder might be :big give up: but they sure do let us know something is fishy in their world :wink: Not sure how we will cope with that, but at least we will make sure that they find a loving home.

Time heals all wounds thankfully. Be well :)
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Rianna
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Rianna » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:30 pm

Thank you Rudi. I'm sorry that you've got to relocate your kiddos:( But, your health comes first. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this hurt!

We were never able to have children....wanted at least 4! Things happen for a reason and I guess God wanted His feathered and furry creations to get all of our love:) As my husband often reminds me...I get too attached to any and all animals that end up at our house. I can't help myself but I treat each one as if they were human. Call me crazy if you want because I do...lol If I have to leave the house, I have to give "loves" to each of the kiddos, tell them where I'm going and how long it should be before I'm home...and of course, tell them I love them. I've been doing that from day one and will continue until I'm planted somewhere:) Told you to call me crazy, didn't I? lol

Thank you to all that offered your kindness. I've been having a "Kassie" day and it's been kind of tough but your replies have made me feel a lot better.

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:08 pm

So sorry for the loss of such beautiful bird. After 23 years, I know it must tear one's heart out. You have my deepest sympathy.
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Rianna
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Rianna » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:17 pm

Thank you Mr. Dennis.
It's still like a dream to me. I found myself heading to her cage before I left for work this morning and it brought tears to my eyes again. I went ahead and did my normal thing for her...I told her I was going to work and that Momma would be home this afternoon...and ended it with "I love you, pretty girl". I like to think she heard me:)

Return to “Pet Memorial Forum”