This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Spotlight on Vince Drexelius

Member Spotlight Forum
Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965
Circle of Safety: Y

Spotlight on Vince Drexelius

Postby Cecil » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:19 am

Name? Vince Drexelius
Age? 62
State/Province of residence? Missouri. Worked in St. Louis and retired to the Ozarks to be close to the daughter and grandkids.
Marital Status?
How many years (if married)? 40 in November. All to the same wonderful lady.

Wife's name (if married)? Ann

Children?

Boys/Girls? 1 daughter, Amy. She and her family live just “over the hill” so they walk over often. We love it.

Ages? 33

Grand Children?

Boys/Girls? 2 boys, Nathan and Logan.

Ages? 9 & 6 respectively. They love to help work on the tractors and don’t mind getting dirty. Nathan is big enough he can drive the Cub by himself. Logan thinks he can but he still needs help in getting started.

Great Grand Children? Not yet

Boys/Girls?
Ages?

Do you have any Pets? Not at this time. We had to put our Sheltie down a couple of years ago and have not bought another.

Names, breeds, etc.

Line of work? Provider Relations Rep., Blue Cross Blue Shield, Best job in the world, I loved going to work.

Retired or working? Retired and loving it.

Degree's/Licenses/Certificates? Bachelors Degree

TRACTOR RELATED QUESTIONS
-------------------------

Tractors and models owned? 1949 Cub, 1949 Cub waiting to be restored, 1940 Farmall H, 1953 Super C

Any other type of farm equipment? Just some common implements.

Combines? No

Trailers? 18’ Car Hauler

Hay balers? Nope
etc...
HDS 2155 Cub Cadet, 1020 Cub Cadet, ZTR Dixie Chopper, Golf Cart (Ann’s)

Are your tractors used for show or working? Work. We use them all the time to haul things.

How much Land do you work (Acres)? 28 acres, 20 of which are timber.

What was your first tractor experience (does not have to be a Farmall or Cub)? As a kid I cut my teeth on the 1940 H that belonged to my grandfather and is now proudly in my garage.

What is your Cub's primary work? Pulling the trailer and sprayer, dragging logs and limbs and giving the grandkids rides, although now they want to drive and let grandpa ride.

What is the favorite Cub of all which you have owned and why? The ’49 as it taught me so much.

What first sparked your interest in owning a Cub? I needed a workhorse around here and wanted something smaller than the H.

What task/use of your Cub provides the most enjoyable seat time? My favorite time is pulling the sprayer back and forth over the property. It gives me plenty of time to think and is a great time to talk with the Lord.

Favorite thing you like about Cub's and Cadets? The Cubs are just plain fun to use and relatively easy to work on.

Describe your most satisfying or frustrating experience working on your own or someone else's Cub? The most satisfying experience was getting the carb just right with the help of the forum members. The most frustrating was when the ice storm limb fell and dented the hood. Bummer.

Do you host or participate in CubFests, Cubarama, Mini-CubFests? How so? I have attended the last several Cubaramas and this year we took the Cub along for the first time. Had a ball. Meeting forum members is fantastic. Hopefully in the future we can add a couple of CubFests to our annual travels.

OTHER ENJOYABLE ACTIVITIES
--------------------------

What other hobbies do you enjoy? Woodworking, computers and photography. Our daughter says her goal is to have her house furnished with furniture I have made.

Do you hunt or fish? I do my hunting with a camera these days, with the exception of Armadillos – those I hunt with a rifle.

What is your favorite game? The deer, although a nuisance, are beautiful. Annie feeds the hummingbirds and we routinely have around 100 all summer long. They are so much fun to have around although I could buy another Cub if I didn't have to buy sugar to feed the hungry little devils. This year we went through 190 pounds of sugar.

What is your favorite Sport? I don’t have a favorite sport but love to watch any well played and exciting game or NASCAR race.

Do you have a favorite Sports team? I guess it would have to be the St. Louis Cardinals.

Favorite Book? That’s an easy one – Sherlock Holmes by Sir Author Conan Doyle.

Favorite Movie? Actually, I have several. The Quiet Man starring John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara is #1 followed by the Star Wars series and the Indiana Jones series.

Favorite Actor/Actress? John Wayne / Maureen O’Hara

Magazine(s) you subscribe to? PC Magazine, Wood, Woodworker’s Journal, Woodsmith, Popular Science, Popular Mechanics.

Favorite outdoor activity? Anything that lets me enjoy the sunshine and the beautiful views in the Ozarks.

Do you maintain a garden? Nothing more than a few tomato plants. I just don’t have a green thumb.

How large?

What vegetables to you grow?

Do you maintain a personal orchard? No.

Type of fruit grown?

What is your favorite Quote or saying? Sherlock Holmes says, "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Do you have any immediate goals in your life? I just want to be the best husband, father and grandpa I can be.

Return to “Member Spotlight”