This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Spotlight on Bob "Tinkertoy" Cardoza

Member Spotlight Forum
Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965
Circle of Safety: Y

Spotlight on Bob "Tinkertoy" Cardoza

Postby Cecil » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:20 am

Name? Bob “Tinkertoy” Cardoza
Age? 59
State/Province of residence? Massachusetts
Marital Status? Involved
-- How many years (if married)? 29 years
-- Wife's name (if married)? Teddy, my soulmate
Children? No, however, my tenant is kind of a surrogate daughter to me
-- Boys/Girls?
-- Ages? 32
Grand Children? Surrogate (my Tenant’s daughters) Nia & Brynn
-- Boys/Girls? 2 Girls
-- Ages? 3 & 5
Great Grand Children?
-- Boys/Girls?
-- Ages?
Do you have any pets? Yes = 1
-- Names, breeds, etc. “Friday’ …American “Cream’ Shorthair
Line of work? Protective Services for art museum
Retired or working? Working
Degree's/Licenses/Certificates? ASE Certified, Associates, Ambassadorship

TRACTOR RELATED QUESTIONS
-------------------------
Tractors and models owned? 180 John Deere, 1966 Square Nose Cub, 1949 F Cub
-- Any other type of farm equipment? Sickle attachment for the F Cub
-- Combines?
-- Trailers? Hay wagon for Hayrides
-- Hay balers?
-- etc...
Are your tractors used for show or working? show
How much Land do you work (Acres)? 1 acre
What was your first tractor experience (does not have to be a Farmall or Cub)? Driving a 1942 Farmall M when I was 11 years old.
What is your Cub's primary work? Hayrides and Parades
What is the favorite Cub of all which you have owned and why? Moxie the SquareNose…my first love, plus, she runs like a gem with no problems
What first sparked your interest in owning a Cub? I’ve always been fascinated with Farmall tractors since driving one when I was 11.…I guess that means at 60, I must be regressing ?? lol
What task/use of your Cub provides the most enjoyable seat time? Hayrides, I run Moxie all night…however, Minnie made her debut in the local Memorial Day Parade (along with her big sister, Moxie) this year…they will make the county fair this year also.
Favorite thing you like about Cub's and Cadets? Their diversification….to be able to convert and attach just about anything and be the complete workhorses they really are…I don’t work my tractors, however, I respect the fact they can….my tractors are in it for coasting to the finish line !! They are retired from working…I am not, but they are !!! lol
Describe your most satisfying or frustrating experience working on your own or someone else's Cub? Restoring 3 Cubs, it has been most rewarding to work on these machines as opposed to Oldsmobiles which I have in the past for 20 years….Farmall Cubs are a pleasure to work on and I relish the challenge in these restorations….
Do you host or participate in CubFests, Cubarama, Mini-CubFests? How so? Not yet…But plan to someday

OTHER ENJOYABLE ACTIVITIES
--------------------------
What other hobbies do you enjoy? BeeKeeping, Greenhouse Gardening, Tai Chi, Watercolor & Oil Painting, Antiques, sharing family times
Do you hunt or fish? no
-- What is your favorite game?
What is your favorite Sport? Tennis
-- Do you have a favorite Sports team? Red Sox
Favorite Book?
Favorite Movie? The Maiden Heist
Favorite Actor/Actress? Betty Davis
Magazine(s) you subscribe to? Yankee Magazine
Favorite outdoor activity? Relaxing when all the outdoor work is done…
Do you maintain a garden? yes
-- How large? 1 small Rock Garden, 30 x 30 perennial garden, 8x8 greenhouse, 3 Earthboxes, 2/4 acre of lawn
-- What vegetables to you grow? Tomatoes, herbs, sunflowers, Rhubarb, flowers.
Do you maintain a personal orchard? Balance of wildflowers and cultivated flowers for keeping honeybees busy to make an interesting honey
-- Type of fruit grown?
What is your favorite Quote or saying? Lav Quiata la Caronina- Italian translation- (“It’s a Bitch to get Old”)
Do you have any immediate goals in your life? Take one day at a time…continue learning something new all the time….work 6 more years till retirement…then possibly do a little traveling…

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Member Spotlight”