Upgrade to Harbor Freight Cabinet

Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:57 pm

Well - once again I took the advice of this forum. I upgraded my blasting gun to the siphon kit from TP Tools http://www.tptools.com/. The S-25 pistol grip gun and pick-up tube is far superior to the gun that came with the cabinet I can hardly find the words to explain. It's FAST, it doesn't pulse and the results are just plain superior. If you have an import cabinet do yourself a favor and upgrade. Right now use code DAD13 and get $20 off an order of $100 or more.

I've got my $100 in the cart. :D

Ken

Re: Upgrade to Harbor Freight Cabinet

Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:39 am

The S-25 is the same gun I put in mine. It's certainly a better gun but the main reason I replaced mine was the availability of tips & nozzles. What size tip & nozzle did you get with Yours? I've tried the different sizes but have settled on medium. The small one was too slow and the large used too much air.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:47 am

For the money, the carbide tip is the best. They cost a lot more but they will outlast 30 ceramic tips. If that is available for the S-25 go for it.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:02 am

Bill, your gun is the same as the S-25, your is the foot control version, so they use the same consumables. Having settled on the medium tip & nozzle, I may go with the carbide next time. The ceramic tips last very well for me, though.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:14 am

Barnyard wrote:For the money, the carbide tip is the best. They cost a lot more but they will outlast 30 ceramic tips. If that is available for the S-25 go for it.

Replacement Costs:
1. Steel 3pk $11.95
2. Steel 5pk $19.95 - Combo pack w/air jet and gasket - Change every 2-3 steel nozzles
3. Ceramic 3pk $17.95, without air jet and gasket - which should be changed every 3 nozzles.
4. Ceramic 1ea $29.95 - Kit with air jet and gasket
5. Tungsten Carbide 1ea. $54.95 - 3 air jets and two gaskets - Rated to last out last 30 ceramic nozzles.

It seems clear.

Ken