This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Computer sluggishness

How do I.... ?
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Computer sluggishness

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:42 pm

I am for the last 2 or 3 days having problems with my computer freezing for anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds, then resuming again. In Firefox I am getting a bar near the top of the window saying there is a script running that is causing delays. Before I can click on the More Information tab in the warning, it is gone and my computer is working again. I am not getting this warning in any other programs, but am getting the freezing problems. Does anyone know how to find this?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

indy61
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Computer sluggishness

Postby indy61 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:51 pm

Doesn't sound good. I guess the first thing I would do is scan for malware.
https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:29 pm

Switched to Yahoo. Used Foxfire until I started getting thousands of trash email messages a day. The problem started shortly after Foxfire was sold.

When I contacted their service they wanted 95 cents and credit card numbers to solve the problem. Ya, well, the bird. I'm not sending you anything with my credit card numbers or checking account numbers.
I have an excuse. CRS.

indy61
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby indy61 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:42 pm

I thought Yahoo sold, never heard of Foxfire

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:56 pm

indy61 wrote:Doesn't sound good. I guess the first thing I would do is scan for malware.
https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/
That was one of the first things I tried, no help. I really think it is something in the most recent Win 10 upgrade.

Eugene wrote:Switched to Yahoo. Used Foxfire until I started getting thousands of trash email messages a day. The problem started shortly after Foxfire was sold.

When I contacted their service they wanted 95 cents and credit card numbers to solve the problem. Ya, well, the bird. I'm not sending you anything with my credit card numbers or checking account numbers.
I have the brief freezing problems no matter what program I am using. I am suspecting a lot of it may have to do with my old slow computer. I hate to replace it though, I look at it like I do a tractor. Hate to get rid of anything that is usable.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”