This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Word 2016 mail merge

How do I.... ?
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Word 2016 mail merge

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:14 pm

I print and mail the monthly newsletter for our local tractor club and have set up mail merge so I can insert a mailing address at the bottom of each memebers newsletter, and tested that it will work as wanted. I would however like to print a sheet of the names and addresses for our secretary, but cannot find a way to do that. Can anyone help me?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Word 2016 mail merge

Postby Dennis » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:34 pm

Try one of the built-in Label Templates. That should work.
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:01 pm

Dennis wrote:Try one of the built-in Label Templates. That should work.
That will work, but I was hoping to do it in more of a data printout such that it printed the name address, on a single line.

Winfield Dave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17953
Tractors Owned: ......Almost enough.
N3NIK

Postby Winfield Dave » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:42 am

Can you print a "report" - formatted the way you want - from the program where your database of names resides?
Dave
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth." -- Napoleon Hill

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:46 am

Winfield Dave wrote:Can you print a "report" - formatted the way you want - from the program where your database of names resides?
Not that I can find Dave. I typed it directly into mail merge and have not been able to find anyway to print it except as labels or i the newsletter. I have a separate label program I have been using, but it requires running running the pages through a second time, which sometimes causes feeding problems.

Winfield Dave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17953
Tractors Owned: ......Almost enough.
N3NIK

Postby Winfield Dave » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:03 pm

John...Have you tried printing using the directory function?

IMG_0927.JPG

You may have to create a document with all the mail merge fields you want to print in a single line.
Dave
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth." -- Napoleon Hill

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:11 pm

Winfield Dave wrote:John...Have you tried printing using the directory function?

IMG_0927.JPG

You may have to create a document with all the mail merge fields you want to print in a single line.
Directory is greyed out and nothing happens when I click it, but I did finally realize mail Merge saved the data base in an Access format, so I could print it by opening it in access.

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”