This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

E bay pictures

How do I.... ?
brewzalot
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 53105
Tractors Owned: '57 cub Loboy
'61 cub
Circle of Safety: Y

E bay pictures

Postby brewzalot » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:05 pm

When enlarging a picture on e bay items for sale, I used to be able to just hover the arrow over it and it would get bigger. Now I just get a long narrow vertical line of part of the picture and have to click on it to get the full picture. Is this something e bay changed or do I have an issue ?

thanks,
tim

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Re: E bay pictures

Postby Bob McCarty » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:54 pm

I just checked an item that had the "mouse over item to enlarge" and it worked fine. Is that what you're referring to?

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

brewzalot
5+ Years
5+ Years
'61 cub

Postby brewzalot » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:12 pm

Bob McCarty wrote:"mouse over item to enlarge" and it worked fine. Is that what you're referring to?

ebay 1 - Copy (800x449).jpg

ebay 2 - Copy (800x449).jpg

Bob, yes, everything is ok in the first picture, but as soon as I move over the box it reduces down to the size you see in the second picture.
The viewing area of the zoom has changed to the narrow strip you see at the right. I am not a computer person so this is probably something simple.
thanks for any help

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:45 am

Sorry, but I can't offer any help.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

brewzalot
5+ Years
5+ Years
'61 cub

Postby brewzalot » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:06 pm

I still have this problem- but just realized that the picture of the ebay item is way bigger with than it should be.

Would anyone know how to make that smaller? My wife's account on the same computer works fine, and that's how I know the picture is too big. Its size is so big that the seller details are shifted down the page, I thought that was something ebay did , but now realize that is from the picture taking up too much space also.

Anyone ?

thanks tim

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:59 pm

If you hold down the CTRL key and turn the scroll wheel on your mouse, does it fix the viewing problem? It almost sounds like your view of ebay is enlarged/magnified.
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

brewzalot
5+ Years
5+ Years
'61 cub

Postby brewzalot » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:35 pm

Dennis,

Thank you, thank you, thank you, that's all it took. :worthy: :worthy:
I contacted ebay twice and they were stumped!

Dare I ask another question. After changing it on ebay, when I came back to this site it had changed the size here too.(my wife was trying to fix this issue however, and may have changed something else) Is that view something that can/should be "locked in" for each site you visit or a one size fits all and you have to adjust it if not quite right?

Sorry I'm not that advanced at computers, the second graders have now passed me up.

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:15 pm

brewzalot wrote:Dennis,
Dare I ask another question. After changing it on ebay, when I came back to this site it had changed the size here too.(my wife was trying to fix this issue however, and may have changed something else) Is that view something that can/should be "locked in" for each site you visit or a one size fits all and you have to adjust it if not quite right?

I think that may be dependent on what browser and version you are using. I've tested it on Opera/Chrome and they both adjust by the web site (it remembers each site). On your browser settings button, it will usually show you the ZOOM percentage on any web site you visit.

Glad it worked for you.
Dennis
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

brewzalot
5+ Years
5+ Years
'61 cub

Postby brewzalot » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Thanks again Dennis, you've been most helpful.

Tim

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”