placing pictures on this forum

Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:58 pm

Trying to get a photo in here!
I'm not sure how to do it. Help please!

Re: placing pictures on this forum

Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:08 pm

Here's a link to the "How to Forum" that should help answer your question: viewforum.php?f=148
Welcome to the Forum!

Bob

Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:43 am

The quickest way to post pics is as an attachment to your post.
Go to bottom of your screen "upload attachment";
"Browse" to the pic you want on your computer;
"Add the file";
Position your cursor where you want it in the post and click "Place inline"

"Preview" your post before submitting to see what it will look like.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:59 am

Well no luck yet... When I go to add image to file, no matter what picture I try it says file size to big max size 512 mib

Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:32 pm

You'll need to reduce the photos...quick way is in the "Paint" program found in most computers.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:53 pm

Senior:

The CBoK has the How To Post pics articles - follow them and you will be posting like mad very shortly .. :D

Although the file upload option is easy, it is limited in that you cannot quote with the pic embedded. Also, being able to view a lot of clarity is lessened with the lower quality required by the smaller size. Using the photohost or any of the on-line photohosting services is pretty much just as easy and allows for larger files/pics.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:10 pm

I got it thank you...posted a couple pics of my cubs

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:25 pm

Rudi wrote:Using the photohost or any of the on-line photohosting services is pretty much just as easy and allows for larger files/pics.

Using the photohost also makes it easier to search for a photo by someone else later if you need to use it for a reference.

Yes it is somewhat cumbersome, but I like how it pays off for others when needing to borrow the pick without having to search the posts for it.