This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

DVD drive

How do I.... ?
Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

DVD drive

Postby Bus Driver » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:30 pm

My Dell Inspiron, Windows 7, has a DVD drive HL-DT-ST DVD + - RW GH50N B103 (ATA). Is original to the computer. It appears that the computer was built 4/14/2010. No problems with that drive until yesterday. The drive has seen considerable use. It will not open the tray with an incomplete recording DVD in the drive. Unresponsive to the button on the face beside the drawer front.
At COMPUTER, Drives, the drive shows up but does not respond to any command. EJECT at that site responds with "error".
Using a paperclip wire in the little hole only starts a loud buzzing noise which continues until the computer is shut down.
Rebooting the computer results in resuming normal operation -- but not for long.
I want to replace the drive. But the (ATA) appears to be obsolete and only used drives have been located.
I need expert suggestions.
Luck favors those who are prepared

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: DVD drive

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:06 pm

go to www.newegg.com and do a search for ATA hard drive, they have lots of new drives and are a good place to deal with.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”