Probably the wrong place to ask

Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:23 pm

Has the site for buying stuff changed or am I having a senior moment.....Can't seem to locate the site as I knew it....Just a few strange classifieds....???????Dave :lost:

Re: Probably the wrong place to ask

Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:28 pm

The site as you knew it no longer exists. Click (NEW) Classified Ads at top of page for the new format. You might also read
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=79472
Vern

Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:27 pm

Dave:

Part of the evolution is upgrading at times. The site admin has chosen to change how the Classifieds were done and now it is more in-tune with other on-line classifieds. Works well.

Simply click the New Classifieds link, register then click the activation link in your email response. Then log in. Presto pop there you go. I like it a lot .. especially the Google gadget/widget whatever it is -- really useful.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:12 pm

I don't understand what was wrong with the old way. This is more of a Craigslist style classifieds (actually just like our local publication that comes out weekly). I liked the old way better because it was actually part of the forum and in forum style offering easy to navigate free classifieds for all and paid ads to the "dealers". I feel this is a bit commercialized but so be it. We'll just have to adjust to the changing times.

I would like to say that the mobile version of the "new" classifieds is awesome the way it is set up and navigated.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:01 pm

Is there a wanted to trade section or can't I just find it?

Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:12 pm

Grumpy, there is a wanted section in the new classifieds. The link is right at the top of this page where it says (NEW) Classified Ads. There is also a link in the classified forums.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:13 pm

grumpy wrote:Is there a wanted to trade section or can't I just find it?

Hi Grumpy,

The trade/barter section saw limited use and I did not transfer the category to the new classifieds --- I've corrected that oversight and created a trade/barter in the for sale section of the classifieds.

Thanks,
Dennis