iPad Picture Auto Resizing?

Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:27 pm

Ok my iPad takes to big a pic once I upload them to photobucket when I try to link them to just automatically pop up on the forum it cuts about half the picture away. What size pic is the max allowed and does anyone use an iPad who knows how to auto size these? Thanks

Re: iPad Picture Auto Resizing?

Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:42 pm

Brandon:

I am not an iPad user. My daughter is learning on her new iPad, but I am not a Mac fan. But that is besides the point.

The pic size that you are looking for should be around 640x480 pixels. You should be able to resize them using irfanview or another program that is Apple compliant.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:01 am

Brandon,
Here is a pretty good article that addresses the issue.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/resize-images-iphoto/

If you don't mind spending a few dollars a year for the service, I highly recommend SmugMug. You can use iPhoto to upload very large pictures (RAW not supported) to SmugMug. From there it is really easy to select different size options to post on a forum.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:55 pm

Well seems to be working now. When I would preview the photos it would cut them off, but when I go ahead and submit them they show up on the forum properly. must just cut them off in the preview section. Thanks