Re: Subscriptions

Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:18 am

Sorry Thomas, it is an all or nothing (forums) feature and has been permanently turned off.

Dennis

Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:37 am

Dennis wrote:Sorry Thomas, it is an all or nothing (forums) feature and has been permanently turned off.

Dennis

Thanks for letting me know Dennis. I hope you change your mind about it one day. It was a very useful option.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:58 am

Thomas, I have found using the "View new posts" function to be better than subscriptions. That way you can see everything that is new when you log on and not miss anything.

Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:15 am

Bumping up this topic in hopes that someone someone might be able to help. I would love to be able to subscribe to a forum, not just a topic. I am able to get email notifications of activity on particular posts that I a part of, but it would be great to have the general areas I'm interested in hit my email inbox instead of having to log in each day to keep up on traffic. Perhaps there is another way to automatically receive updates on new posts - perhaps an RSS feed or something similar?

Thanks,
HC

Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:46 am

Used to be that way. Sure would be nice to have it again

Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:07 pm

HarveyCub wrote:Bumping up this topic in hopes that someone someone might be able to help. I would love to be able to subscribe to a forum, not just a topic. I am able to get email notifications of activity on particular posts that I a part of, but it would be great to have the general areas I'm interested in hit my email inbox instead of having to log in each day to keep up on traffic. Perhaps there is another way to automatically receive updates on new posts - perhaps an RSS feed or something similar?

Thanks,
HC

HC, the RSS Feed is here: feed.php

Dennis

Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:32 pm

Thanks Dennis. If you have any particular idea how to feed only certain topics, I'm all ears, but this is definitely working out a bit better for me.
HC

Dennis wrote:HC, the RSS Feed is here: feed.php

Dennis

Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:19 pm

No problem. It's pretty much an all or nothing option. Depending on your news reader, you might be able to filter by forum name or sort by the subject to group forums together.

Dennis