photo program

Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:54 pm

I need suggestions on a reasonably priced program for adjusting, touching up photos, etc. The old one I used to have will not work on my new (2 years ago) computer.

Re: photo program

Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:28 pm

Gimp or paint.net . Gimp is very close to photo shop. Both are free.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:20 am

Thanks Josh, I downloaded Gimp. Now all I have to do is figure out how to use it. I am getting simple minded in my old age.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:46 am

John,

If you use Google, or even if you don't, Picasa (http://picasa.google.com/) is a free and very easy to use photo editor and management system. I have thousands of photos and need a good manager to keep track of them and for that feature alone I use it. For more complex editing, I've been using PhotoPlux X4 -- simple enough for me and probably not complex enough for some. I've installed Gimp many times, but can never get over the learning curve -- If you've used programs like Gimp and Photo Shop, it is a good free choice; just not mine.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:22 pm

I agree with Dennis. Use picasa to see if that satisfies your needs. I choose not to associate it with any online account for privacy reasons. If picasa isn't enough gimp is one of the best free ones out there.