This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How Do I:

How do I.... ?
Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

How Do I:

Postby Dan England » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:08 am

Assume that I am in the Farmall Cub forum and that I am responding to a question. I want to refer the author to a segment in one of Rudi's manuals. What is the procedure needed to allow the author to click on a segment of my answer and be taken directly to the manual? Thanks, Dan

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:29 am

Dan, when you go to one of Rudi's manual pages, the internet address for that page is displayed in the address bar at the top of your browser. If you copy that address and post it in your reply it will take the person to that page. To do this, first you copy the address from the address bar, The easiest way to do this is to point your cursor arrow in the window and click on it. It should highlight the entire address. Then hold down your control key and push the "c" key on the keyboard (called a Control/c) This copies the address and temporarily stores it in your computer.
Then when you reach the point in your response message to the posted message where you want the link to be, click on the box above the message window that has URL in it. You will see brackets in your message. Then hold down the control key and press the "v" key. This will paste the address into your message. Then click on the "Close Tags" or click on the url box again to close it. You should see the address of the manual page in your message between the bracketed url boxes like this.

[url]manual page address[/url]

Now you're done!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:07 am

Thanks, BD. I will give that a try and be back in touch if I have problems. Dan

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”