Switch to full style
How do I.... ?
Post a reply

Member Map

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:31 am

I Am Invisible! For some reason I am not showing up on the member map.
I am in the same zip code as another member (hecubus) and have my zip in my profile, but just can't find my pushin.
Is there something else that I am missing?

Re: Member Map

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:56 am

Your push pin is behind the other member most likely. Try changing your zip to one close to you, the pin should move to where you can see it.

Or perhaps the admin can fix it.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:14 am

Zoom in a click or two and you will show up.
(Just checked and you're not there. PM Dennis and I bet he'll fix you up)

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:41 am

I'm not there either. Apparently when someone signs up after you with the same address, it hides you

Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:13 am

tmays wrote:I'm not there either. Apparently when someone signs up after you with the same address, it hides you

I think you are right, Thomas. Mine has disappeared, too.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:29 am

Perhaps there is a bug in the code. Otherwise, there would only be one pushpin per zip code. (the latest who signed up).

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:59 pm

No bug in the code, the bug is always in the programmer ;) Actually, it does exactly what it is told to do, which is get the lat and long of the zip code and display the marker... fortunately, we have grown and have LOTS of Cubbers in the same zip codes now.

I've modified the code and now it tells the computer to add a random "nudge" to the markers each time they are displayed -- so zooming in should reveal all of your pretty little markers now.

Enjoy,
Dennis

PS: If your zip code was entered incorrectly in your profile, you'll have to contact me via PM to get it fixed on the member map.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:04 pm

Thanks Dennis!

Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:13 am

Thanks Dennis! (My invisibility cloak has been disabled)

Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:30 pm

outdoors4evr wrote:Thanks Dennis! (My invisibility cloak has been disabled)

Yeah, me too. Turns out there's 3 of us. I'm the only "motormouth" :shock: Both of the others joined nearly a year ago and haven't visited the forum in almost that long. Maybe they'll come out of the weeds some day.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:58 pm

Denny Clayton wrote:

Yeah, me too. Turns out there's 3 of us. I'm the only "motormouth" :shock: Both of the others joined nearly a year ago and haven't visited the forum in almost that long. Maybe they'll come out of the weeds some day.

Maybe you should go "nudge" them ;)

Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:32 pm

Dennis wrote:
Denny Clayton wrote:

Maybe you should go "nudge" them ;)

Don't know who they are. I sent a PM to the only one of the two that ever posted with my phone number, and never got a reply. :big give up:
Post a reply