This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub For Sale Section Suggestion

How do I.... ?
Bigschuss
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01256
Tractors Owned: 1984 JD 990
1953 JD 40S
1973 JD 300 Snowmobile

Cub For Sale Section Suggestion

Postby Bigschuss » Tue May 22, 2012 6:16 am

I don't post things for sale much. But I do check everyday to see what goodies have been listed. I recently placed an ad, and it barely made it on page 1 upon posting. Within days it was relegated to page 2. I asked why this was in a different thread and learned that there are certain "site supporters" whose ads automatically get bumped to the top. O.K. fine.

Knowing this, I know see that basically there are 3 guys whose ads take up the entire 1st page....Boss Hog, Dale Shaw, and tst. If these guys are site supporters, I don't begrudge them. Good on them for stepping up, and there should be a perk!

The problem, IMHO, though is that now when Joe Nobody comes along and places an ad it gets lost at the bottom somewhere amongst all of the site supporter's ads. Knowing that the supporters ads don't go anywhere, I know have to scan closely at the bottom of page 1 and page 2 to see if anything new popped up. Every other site I visit has NEW ads pop up on the top of the classified page. Here, you have to find them like a needle in a haystack.

Suggestions.....

1) can NEW ADS by Joe Nobody be highlited somehow? With a NEW AD text or a different color? It would be nice if new ads placed after one's last visit appeared to stand out somehow.

2) what about a section for SITE SUPPORTER's and a seperate one for the general Farmallcub members.

Just my 2 cents....

Blair
I wish coke was still cola, and a joint was a bad place to be...
- Merle Haggard

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub For Sale Section Suggestion

Postby Boss Hog » Tue May 22, 2012 6:32 am

If you click on new post, it will take you to all the new post that have been made since your last visit.
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Bigschuss
10+ Years
10+ Years
1953 JD 40S
1973 JD 300 Snowmobile

Postby Bigschuss » Tue May 22, 2012 7:51 am

Boss Hog wrote:If you click on new post, it will take you to all the new post that have been made since your last visit.
Boss

Thanks Boss. I do not see the "New Posts" you are talking about? I don't see anything labelled New Posts. And if it is...it's not abvious. Maybe it's another perk you get for being a supporter. Maybe I'm just an idiot?

It's not really a big deal. I suppose if I just slowed sown a bit and scanned every single ad I won't miss anything. I just don't have the time to scan every ad each time I visit.

I tried playing around with these pull down tabs, but nothing seems to sort them by NEWEST First.

- Merle Haggard

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Tue May 22, 2012 8:07 am

Blair, when you are in the Board Index at the beginning look just above the first block of forums (it is the one titled "FarmallCub Site Information"). You will see a line of links. One of those links is titled "View new posts". That link is available to all members. It is the best way to read the forum and find all new posts since your last log in.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Bigschuss
10+ Years
10+ Years
1953 JD 40S
1973 JD 300 Snowmobile

Postby Bigschuss » Tue May 22, 2012 9:12 am

Barnyard wrote:Blair, when you are in the Board Index at the beginning look just above the first block of forums (it is the one titled "FarmallCub Site Information"). You will see a line of links. One of those links is titled "View new posts". That link is available to all members. It is the best way to read the forum and find all new posts since your last log in.

Thanks Barnyard....I just did that, and indeed it shows all new posts.

But doesn't it just lump them all together regardless of category? All I got was a page of posts in which the for sale ads were burried in within the other posts from the entire forum. It offers no benefit. Either way...searching the For Sale section line by line for new ads, or I have to search for the new ads amongst all the NEW POSTS.

Again...not a big deal. On a sleepy Sunday AM I have the time to relax with my coffee and puruse the classifieds. At work, at home before bed, when I'm in a hurry it's just not very efficient.

Blair
- Merle Haggard

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue May 22, 2012 9:22 am

Once you are on the New Posts page, click on your browser's "find on this page" and type in the word "sale".

Bigschuss
10+ Years
10+ Years
1953 JD 40S
1973 JD 300 Snowmobile

Postby Bigschuss » Tue May 22, 2012 10:01 am

Jim Becker wrote:Once you are on the New Posts page, click on your browser's "find on this page" and type in the word "sale".

Finally....that's how you do it. Thanks Jim.
- Merle Haggard

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Tue May 22, 2012 10:05 am

Bigschuss wrote:Knowing this, I know see that basically there are 3 guys whose ads take up the entire 1st page....Boss Hog, Dale Shaw, and tst. If these guys are site supporters, I don't begrudge them. Good on them for stepping up, and there should be a perk!

You forgot Barnyard, and it is very easy and inexpensive to help support the site.

Bigschuss wrote:I don't post things for sale much. But I do check everyday to see what goodies have been listed.

I also check several times every day. At the top of the list in the For Sale Section, under the "go to page 1,2 next" you will see a heading that reads "mark messages read". Click on that each time you log off, when you come back to the For Sale section, only the posts that are new, or newly responded to, will be highlighted.

This makes it quick and easy to accomplish what you are looking for.

You will also find that near "cubfest" dates, the ads will increase, so that items available can be brought to those that need them.

I am sorry this subject frustrates you, but there are work-arounds and we will help all we can.

Bigschuss
10+ Years
10+ Years
1953 JD 40S
1973 JD 300 Snowmobile

Postby Bigschuss » Tue May 22, 2012 11:45 am

Dale Shaw wrote:
Bigschuss wrote:Knowing this, I know see that basically there are 3 guys whose ads take up the entire 1st page....Boss Hog, Dale Shaw, and tst. If these guys are site supporters, I don't begrudge them. Good on them for stepping up, and there should be a perk!

You forgot Barnyard, and it is very easy and inexpensive to help support the site.

Bigschuss wrote:I don't post things for sale much. But I do check everyday to see what goodies have been listed.

I also check several times every day. At the top of the list in the For Sale Section, under the "go to page 1,2 next" you will see a heading that reads "mark messages read". Click on that each time you log off, when you come back to the For Sale section, only the posts that are new, or newly responded to, will be highlighted.

This makes it quick and easy to accomplish what you are looking for.

You will also find that near "cubfest" dates, the ads will increase, so that items available can be brought to those that need them.

I am sorry this subject frustrates you, but there are work-arounds and we will help all we can.

Thanks for that tip about marking all as read Dale. That seems like the easiest solution.

And roger that about Barnyard! That brings up another question....how does one know who is a site supporter? That doesn't seem obvious either?

Blair
- Merle Haggard

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Tue May 22, 2012 1:09 pm

There are the "Site Sponsors". Professional businesses with a link posted at the bottom of each page of the forum.

Then there are us on the "Premium advertisers forum".

You will know those on the "Premium advertisers forum", simply by the fact we have "sticky's" by most of our items in the for sale section.

It is inexpensive and simple to become a Premium advertiser.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Tue May 22, 2012 1:47 pm

Bigschuss wrote:how does one know who is a site supporter? That doesn't seem obvious either?

Blair, go to the "Board Index" page and scroll to the bottom. There you will see:
Legend: Administrators, Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Canada, Colorado, Connecticut, Cub Pro, CubPro Emeritus, Delaware, Florida, Global moderators, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Newly registered users, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Premium Classified Advertiser, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Team Cub Guide, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming

Each of those is a link. If you click on Premium Classified Advertiser you will be shown who is in that catagory.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Bigschuss
10+ Years
10+ Years
1953 JD 40S
1973 JD 300 Snowmobile

Postby Bigschuss » Tue May 22, 2012 3:07 pm

Holy cow..I am learning a lot today. Thanks Barnyard and Dale. There certainly are a lot of different groups!

Administrator
Cub Pro
Cub Pro Emeritus
Global Moderators
Premium Classified Members
Team Cub Guide

The more I learn the more questions I have. There isn't a secret Farmall Cub handshake I'll need to know about, is there? :D

Thanks for the education guys. I learned a lot of things I had no idea about.

Best regards,
Blair
- Merle Haggard

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Tue May 22, 2012 3:15 pm

Bigschuss wrote:There isn't a secret Farmall Cub handshake I'll need to know about, is there?

That doesn't happen until you reach 501 posts. :)

Circle of Safety

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076

Postby Peter Person » Tue May 22, 2012 3:24 pm

Barnyard wrote:
Bigschuss wrote:There isn't a secret Farmall Cub handshake I'll need to know about, is there?

That doesn't happen until you reach 501 posts. :)

Bill,
Let's see what Bob Perry can come up with using this photo;

Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Tue May 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Peter Person wrote:
Bill,
Let's see what Bob Perry can come up with using this photo;

:weaping: :weaping: :weaping: Keep it "clean" Bob, this is a family site :big crazy: :big crazy:

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”