Switch to full style
How do I.... ?
Post a reply

Just listed a classified ad....and it barely showed up

Sun May 13, 2012 3:49 pm

My ad was so far down on the page that I thought my PC crashed and it wasn't posted? I had to look 4 times to finally see it. Why is that? It was the newest ad...yet there were at least 15 or 20 older classifieds that showed up before it.

Is there no way to bump it to the top?

Blair

Re: Just listed a classified ad....and it barely showed up

Sun May 13, 2012 4:47 pm

Blair,

I think it has something to do with the Premium Classified Advertiser category. Apparently those ads never expire... sold or not. :shock:

Sun May 13, 2012 4:59 pm

Don McCombs wrote:Blair,

I think it has something to do with the Premium Classified Advertiser category. Apparently those ads never expire... sold or not. :shock:

Yes it has to do with the Premium Classified Advertiser. Those folks pay for opportunity to post ads that stay at the top of the particular forum the ad is posted in. As for the "sold or not," I will be taking the appropriate steps to remove my Circle Cub ad, as soon as the cash is in hand. I noted that in the post http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=70850 earlier today.

Bill

Sun May 13, 2012 5:02 pm

The premium advertiser forum is set up with stickies, so the paid for ad's by members, stay at the top. It will take some getting use to, but in time, it will become second nature to just skim over the whole list.

The premium advertisers are helping to support the site.

As Bill said, as Items are paid for, mine will be removed

Sun May 13, 2012 5:54 pm

Got it. Thanks gents. I'm in favor of supporting this site. So, if that's the logic, fair enough.

Blair

Sun May 13, 2012 6:42 pm

My post wasn't a criticism of the paid ads. It is important, however, for those advertisers to take the ad down promptly once the item is sold.

Sun May 13, 2012 6:47 pm

Once an PCA item sells it is up to the seller to "Unsticky" their ad so it drops to the bottom and is eventually deleted. If the seller does not do this it will always remain at the top.
Post a reply