This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

www..... .y?

How do I.... ?
Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

www..... .y?

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:37 pm

I received a phone text that said I had won a gift card. The address to log on was the name of a big box store that I frequent with .com.y on the end. Does the .y indicate that this is a scam or will download a virus, etc.?

Thanks, Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: www..... .y?

Postby Denny Clayton » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:54 pm

I'd guess it is a scam, Bob. I keep getting emails that if I participate in a survey I will be awarded a $500 gift card from Amazon. NObody gives away $500 gift cards for that!
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:33 pm

My policy on the computer is "if I did not ask for it or look for it, I don't open it. Period."

That goes for forwards from folks I know too, unless I ask for them. If it is not personal and original, I don't want it..

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:31 pm

It is a scam, those have been around awhile. You fill out a long survey and give them your name address, phone number, email address, and they give all theme to the spammers, then there are a lot of offers for credit cards, etc. you usually have to sign up for 3 or 4 of the offers and use them a while before you get the gift card. Since you have provided them with all the info, and the spammers who subscribe to their service do not have to honor the do not call lists, etc. on the basis they have had previous contact with you. if you read the site, or possibly in the call it will have buried in it someplace "participation required".
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”