Viewed posts still show

Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:11 pm

I have noticed the last couple of days that when I view new posts as usual and click on an individual post it doesn't disapppear like it used to. Has something changed on the board and is there a setting I can set to get that back?

Re: Viewed posts still show

Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:19 pm

Ken (48 Cub) wrote:I have noticed the last couple of days that when I view new posts as usual and click on an individual post it doesn't disapppear like it used to. Has something changed on the board and is there a setting I can set to get that back?

It could be a database error. I've done a rebuild on the database. If that does not correct your problem, it may be a cookie/cache issue.

Dennis

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:17 am

Thanks Dennis, I'll clear them.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:50 pm

Mine is doing the same thing. cleared cookies, but I don't know how to clear the cache.

Tom

Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:55 pm

Mine's doing the same thing. Last time it did this, about the time I got used to not useing the back button, it started working again.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:57 pm

Is my computor the only one still doing this? I find it quite annoying.

Tom

Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:03 pm

Nope, I cleared all cache, history, cookies and temp internet files but it's still doing it :(

Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:04 pm

It happened to me for about a year. Then poof, back to normal and threads disappeared as they were read.
I don't know how or why. My PC is still fine but my iPad won't clear threads as they are read.

Russ

Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:10 pm

When viewing new posts mine has always left them showing after being read. I thought that feature was to show any posts made since your last log in. If you click on "View unread posts" then it shows all posts you have not read. Those will disappear after reading them. It looks like some of you are talking about two different things.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Bill you and I are talking about the same thing . In view unread posts on my iPad I have to refresh the page after reading a few threads or I tend to lose my place. It's very handy when it works.

Russ

Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:22 pm

Are you fellas referring to the whole post itself staying up on the screen where you can read the whole thing or do you mean just the topic still shows still shows? I think I may be confused now. :lol:

Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:32 pm

Bill,

I think my issue is the same as the others are trying to describe. The box to the left of the subject that allows you to “View First Unread Post” stays there, after you read it, until you “refresh” the page. The box use to go away once you read the post (as there is no longer an unread post).

Thanks,

Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:57 pm

RUSSALL wrote:..... My PC is still fine but my iPad won't clear threads as they are read.....

I have the exact same issue. I've just gotten in the habit of hitting the "<Return to Farmall Cub" link at the bottom of each thread so that it shows up as being read.