Switch to full style
How do I.... ?
Post a reply

Re: malware on site

Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:16 pm

I got it last night as well, my virus software caught it quarantined it right away as I have real tight contraints on my system, no harm to my system. Only item I had up and running was the Forum Site so I'm pretty certain it was from it.

Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:43 pm

Verizon DSL, Windows XP, IE8

Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:07 pm

I have not been hit---yet --and my time is nearly exclusive to the site. I have:
Frontier
Dsl
Mozilla Firefox

Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:33 pm

Thanks Roy, it looks like a rogue ad slipped through on Google's ad network... from what I've read online, this is a nasty little piece of malware.

Question: Did any of you get a pop-up message while visiting this site that said you had a computer virus and needed to scan your computer? (One that was not your installed anti-virus software.)

Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:43 pm

I was hit about 4 days ago. When it hit, it closed the Farmall Cub window and opened the XP Internet Security 2012 window. From then on, every time I tried to open an IE window, all I could get was the malware. After about 24 hours of trying everything I could think of, I googled XP Internet Security 2012 on my iPad. I finally found a link that told me to register using a bogus key number. I did that and it went away. I then ran Sptbot SD, and that got rid of the malware (I think). :D

Spybot SD, sorry.

I will be using my iPad, exclusively, to access this site until this is resolved.

Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:56 pm

Dennis wrote:Thanks Roy, it looks like a rogue ad slipped through on Google's ad network... from what I've read online, this is a nasty little piece of malware.

Question: Did any of you get a pop-up message while visiting this site that said you had a computer virus and needed to scan your computer? (One that was not your installed anti-virus software.)

Sounds like you need to get rid of Google ad's, there are probably many others that have been hit and can't even post .

I have never seen a pop-up of any kind on this site.

Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:59 pm

I am using my business computer almost exclusively now. For the last three nights, when I open this site, my computer gets hit. Our companies' anti virus and malware software catches it as soon as the site opens. On my personal computers, I run malwarebytes. Its free and works great. I cant count the number of computers I have fixed with that software. Like everyone else has said, beware of the popups!!

Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:10 pm

Norton just blocked an attempt on my computer. I jumped from main forum of Farmall Cub, to for sale. I see the history in Norton. Looks like it blocked an attack from zarerd,,,, dot com.?? Dennis, I have the IP address stored in Norton History if you like.

Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:25 pm

59cub wrote:Norton just blocked an attempt on my computer. I jumped from main forum of Farmall Cub, to for sale. I see the history in Norton. Looks like it blocked an attack from zarerd,,,, dot com.?? Dennis, I have the IP address stored in Norton History if you like.

Please PM me any info you have collected.

Thanks,
Dennis

Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Wow :shock: :!:

I usually visit the forum in Opera v 11.60 on Windows Vista Business Edition with all patches. So far I have not seen this pop up or any popups on the forums. With luck Opera might be immune? I seldom use IE8, Safari, Chrome or FireFox on the forum mostly cause I like some of Opera's

I also use Malwarebytes, Spybot SD, SuperAntiSpyware in concert with System Mechanic Professional with System Shield and of course the basic Windows Defender. I haven't had a virus on my laptop as long as I have had it basically.

Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:04 pm

Don McCombs wrote:I will be using my iPad, exclusively, to access this site until this is resolved.

Me too!!

Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:28 pm

I was hit 2 nights ago while on the forum. Same thing, Win 7 Home Security. Took several hours to get my computer back up and running properly.

Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:32 pm

I'm not on my computer right now because I got it too. Said " XP antivirus 2012 alert. Internet explorer alert. Visiting this site may pose a security threat to your system". Well, it did. Not sure how to fix. I didn't click on anything to fix and now I can't open any programs at all. Later guys, this may take a while. :-( Grump

Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:53 pm

Is there going to be a warning posted or mass e-mail to warn other members and users of the problem until it is resolved. Could be a bunch of problems if it persists.

Would hate for it to affect anyone without the means to fix t.

Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:05 am

im at work now , im sure LSU has pretty good defenses :wink: i can look and get whatever might help from my computer, i just dont know what/where to look for it. i'll have to bring it to someone to fix. coppersmythe..........................
Post a reply