Bad-pool-caller

Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:41 pm

My wife called me in a few days ago to show me this message (I think I remember it correctly). We don't seem to have any problems, but does this indicate that something needs to be done?

Thanks, Bob

Re: Bad-pool-caller

Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:51 pm

:lost:

Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:24 pm

Bob:

Bad pool caller is an error that could be caused by one of your usb cables, the usb stack or even an audio or video card. Looking for fixes.

Edit: updates

Here are a couple links:

How do I solve a blue screen BAD_POOL_CALLER error which tends to appear while I'm using my Windows XP PC?

Bad Pool Caller - How to Fix

"Stop 0xC2 BAD_POOL_CALLER" Error Message on Print Server although this is for a print server, there is some good information.

Hope this helps

Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:30 pm

Thanks Rudi, Based on those links, I think I'll take it in to an expert. If I do something and it screws up my wife's stuff, I'll be sleeping in the barn. :shock:

Bob

Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:34 pm

Bob:

I don't blame you. Even with all the experience I have, with something like that if I can't find the answer that I can understand in the MSKB, I will simply back up ALL my wife's data and then low level format and reinstall it all.

Before you take it to an expert... back up all the data.. you might be glad you did :wink: :D

Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:40 am

Ahhh...Now I understand!

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:03 am

Bob...hadn't heard that phrase before...have heard about "spool" issues...

Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:11 pm

Bob,
Buy Sue a Mac and relax :!: