This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

suggestion for the site for new folks

How do I.... ?
Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

suggestion for the site for new folks

Postby Former Member » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:28 pm

I was thinking (yes, I know) :D that there are many new members (Nearly 5000) and a whole bunch of lurkers who read and follow the sight, but never post or join.

I personally get in a rut of just going to the same area's of the sight, unless I need something.

I know from the Home Page there is a link to the Forum. There is also a lot of other info there. Redfin just posted a thread for folks looking for their first cub. Should things like this and others, be put on the Home page where a first time visitor to Farmallcub.com could find them without getting too frustrated.

Dennis, moderators, you can move this or delete it if needed. :D I was just thinking.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

josys36
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61272
Tractors Owned: Tractors

1940s Allis Chalmers B
1966 140

Cars

1964 Cadillac
1955 R190

Re: suggestion for the site for new folks

Postby josys36 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:38 pm

dshawz wrote:I was thinking (yes, I know) :D that there are many new members (Nearly 5000) and a whole bunch of lurkers who read and follow the sight, but never post or join.

I personally get in a rut of just going to the same area's of the sight, unless I need something.

I know from the Home Page there is a link to the Forum. There is also a lot of other info there. Redfin just posted a thread for folks looking for their first cub. Should things like this and others, be put on the Home page where a first time visitor to Farmallcub.com could find them without getting too frustrated.

Dennis, moderators, you can move this or delete it if needed. :D I was just thinking.

I like these ideas. Personally I would also like to see something on buying your first tractor. We just had someone post a day or so ago about what type of tractor they should be looking at. Might be good to walk them though some questions first, so that they can make a good choice of a vintage machine or new.

Jason
Jason

"Beauty through function and simplification."
"Raymond Lowey"

dakcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93313

Postby dakcub » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:39 pm

I know what your talking about....imagine my suprise last week when I hit the home button.....I didn't know the forum was part of something else....I loved the cub stories....
I just get so wrapped up in cub conversations...
Robert (expanding his world) Miller

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:37 pm

Why pray tell would we need something else to help guide folks through the amazing amount of information when we can not even get most folks to read what is already here :big say what: Each item that has been mentioned is already fully covered and has been for almost 8 years :!: :roll: :shock: :? :roll:

We have the Welcome Wagon, New Members and Visitors, Please READ Prior to Posting both of which are in Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information plainly visible at the top of the Board Index we have the Pointer Text just in case the Welcome Wagon got missed which is usually posted in the first few posts a new member makes.

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server. Enjoy!.

On top of that, the Home Map Registry CBoK Manuals Parts_DB PhotoHost FAQ Members Chat Login links are at the top of each page.

What more can one need, aside from actually clicking the links and visiting the other areas of the site. :big give up:

This just leaves me speechless :roll: :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:32 pm

Rudi Sent PM
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:09 am

I guess I need to clarify as there is some confusion. I don't mean to sound cranky either.. so if I do, I apologize profusely for that as it is not my intention to be cranky, but to be informative.

The suggestion was for:

This is directly covered in the ATIS CubFAQ's #1 Para 10 which has been around for at least a dozen years and which is on the Cub Manual Server and has been since 2002, it is in the Welcome Wagon and has been since it's inception sometime around 2004/2005. It is also in the Pointer Text. I am not sure where else it could be to make things easier for folks to find it. Now that Jim aka RedFin has posted that article, it is now in the How To Forum and it will be inserted into the CBoK as an adjunct to to the CubFAQ and other tips on buying and checking out tractors. There is much, and I mean much more stuff that has been compiled by members of the forum to help others that just needs to be read.

I also know that sometimes as Dale said, he was just thinking out loud, and I do that a lot myself. I guess it is a good reminder that sometimes we lose track of stuff, but also as a good reminder that the guides are there. We just gotta -- as the Friendly Giant used to say to Rusty the Rooster and the rest of castle denizens.. "Look up.. Look wayyyy up" :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jeff (Hambone)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70706

Postby Jeff (Hambone) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:49 pm

speaking as a new cubber to the site i think its layed out great Iam new to the site also new to posting and the whole computer thing

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”