Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:21 pm

I deleted my old avatar a few weeks ago with a plan to replace it with another one. When I applied the original, I was able to resize it with no problem. Now I can't seem to shrink my new pic enough. Please help with a website to resize it correctly.

Re: Avatar Sizing

Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:24 pm

BigHoss - I have use Irfanview to successfully reduce photos for an avatar. You need to reduce quality as well as size to get the file small enough. If there is a lot of detail in the picture it will not look good. If you would like to e-mail me a copy of the picture I will see if I can get it down tua useable size.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:55 pm

Ron:

As BD said, Irfanview is about the best program to resize avatars. It is pretty simple to use. Just load up the .jpg file, click resize/resample then set at least 1 axis to 65 pixels. The other axis will end up being between 65 and 85 pixels. The file cannot be larger than 80 x 80 pixels.. that is important or it will not load. Once you have it resized, click save as and save it as a .gif file. You can then upload it to your profile.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:58 pm

Bigdog wrote:...If there is a lot of detail in the picture it will not look good...

This is true. If you notice in my avatar I left out a few details...like hair for instance...and I turned out looking really good.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:15 pm

Barnyard wrote:
Bigdog wrote:...If there is a lot of detail in the picture it will not look good...

This is true. If you notice in my avatar I left out a few details...like hair for instance...and I turned out looking really good.

Now Bill! I left the hair in mine and as you can see it is a quite good representation of my rugged good looks! :wink: :wink:

Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:42 pm

Bigdog wrote:Now Bill! I left the hair in mine and as you can see it is a quite good representation of my rugged good looks!

You're talking about your chin hair, right?

Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:26 pm

Barnyard wrote:

This must be why I always look so fat in my pictures!

Jason