It's doing it again

Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:51 am

Hey there all!

The forum is acting weird ... I was reading through the post titled "SHIPPING", and the index page says that there are 4 replies to the post and the last one is by Bob in CT. When I open up the thread, there are 3 posts and Bob's isn't one of them. When I use the "back button" to go back to the index, the thread still shows up as unread and Bob's post as the most recent reply... Wonder why this is doing this? It doesn't happen with every thread I read, just this one so far today. It is not Bob exclusively that I am having problems seeing.

Mike in La Crosse, WI

Re: It's doing it again

Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:07 am

I'm getting the same thing Mike. There was a thread yesterday that did the same thing. I see them occur once in a while. It would appear that Bob's post is hanging in cyberspace somewhere???

Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:24 am

OK... glad to know that it is not just me! Wonder why it does that?

Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:33 pm

Bob has you on his DO NOT VIEW list :bellylaugh:

Sorry, hadda do it

Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:57 pm

I have noticed that if I post a message and then delete it, the board will show me as the last poster until someone else posts, even though my post is no longer visible. This is what you may be seeing.

Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:22 pm

Like Don just said-----I replied once to a post and then deleted it cause I decided my reply was dumb. It still showed up on the index page as I replied, but deleted my reply on the post like I wanted it too. I'd bet Bob deleted his reply too.My .02,
Rick

Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:29 pm

Fellas, just send me an email to let me know when it's acting up so I can try to fix it.

Thanks,
Dennis
cub@farmallcub.com

Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:22 am

Rick:

Rick Prentice wrote:Like Don just said-----I replied once to a post and then deleted it cause I decided my reply was dumb. It still showed up on the index page as I replied, but deleted my reply on the post like I wanted it too. I'd bet Bob deleted his reply too.My .02,
Rick

That makes a ton of sense. Don may have got the answer to this riddle. I deleted a post to a thread, (same3 reason, no matter which way I read it, it was dumb... :? :roll: ) and since the post is now gone any internal links to the post such as notification of a new post to the thread would I assume be deleted as well. However that is not the case. I still get notification of new posts to the thread. It isn't the first time either since the new software has come on line. Must be a glitch in the code.. not a big glitch or one that would cause consternation, ..... this may be the reason for those problems, and why not everyone sees them or would even notice.

Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:22 am

Man if this our biggest problem we doing all right.

Merry Christmas all.