This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How do I.... ?
Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:59 pm

I have a picture I would like to use as an avatar but, it is to big. How can I reduce the size of the picture so I can use it :?:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:15 pm

Larry,

If you have a graphics editor (and you should), That should be one of its' functions. Failing that, send it to me in an email and I'll re-size and send it back. It will only take a few minutes.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:51 pm

On Windows systems "Paint" can do it. May be clumsy, but it works. The "stretch" function will do it.

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:13 pm

Keep them to 80x80 pixels or smaller and less that 6k please...
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:00 pm

Well, I finally figured out the "stretch thing" and got my picture reduced to 80x80 and 3.14 KB; looks like it works. Thanks George, Jim, and Dennis :D
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Yo's Dad
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Yo's Dad » Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:34 am

Dennis: I was under the impression from a previous post that the max avatar size was 85x85. If 80x80 is correct, then my avatar does not comply. I will be happy to reduce it's size, please let me know. I need to use a more friendly version anyway. Maybe I'll go into Photoshop and add a big grin....
YD, Grover and Ole Malley
‘Keepers of the Flame’ Image

Ken (48 Cub)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40023
Tractors Owned: 1948 FCub
1957 LoBoy

Postby Ken (48 Cub) » Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:09 pm

YD,
Please redue your picture. I know your'e a great guy but that picture would even scare Grover! :lol:
Ken, Annie the '48.

I think we gotter if'n she don't jump, Andy Griffith.

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:12 pm

Yo's Dad wrote:Dennis: I was under the impression from a previous post that the max avatar size was 85x85. If 80x80 is correct, then my avatar does not comply. I will be happy to reduce it's size, please let me know. I need to use a more friendly version anyway. Maybe I'll go into Photoshop and add a big grin....

The 80x80 is a recommended max size. (Smaller is OK too!) Unlike me with my 36" LCD pannel mounted on the wall :lol: (I wish), some folks may have a 15" monitor or WebTV which may (just guessing) make an avatar take up a good portion of their screen...

The same is true for posting pictures links in the message board. 640x480 JPG/GIF is about a maximum size for most folks. Larger images can be linked to using the URL.

Tom - your avatar makes you look much to distinguished for the Cub site, perhaps you should add a John $@#$% hat to your picture!
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:31 pm

From the look on Pop's face, you'd think that I just scratched Ole Malley or sumthin' :!:
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Yo's Dad
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Yo's Dad » Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:34 pm

OK, that does it. Avatar is gone until I can find something appropriate. Grover didn't like it either. Stay tuned.
YD, Grover and Ole Malley

‘Keepers of the Flame’ Image

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”