This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Posting pictures

How do I.... ?
Chris Jones
10+ Years
10+ Years

Posting pictures

Postby Chris Jones » Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:06 pm

I'm wondering where I can upload pictures that I want to include in my messages. My Geo Cities account doesn't work well for this as they restrict how many times the picture an be viewed in a given time period. Does anyone know if Yahoo Photos will work? Any other sites? -- free sites I should say. Thanks!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:48 pm

Chris,

There are a number of free sites, and you will receive replies about them. They all seem to have a lot of extra stuff of their own that reduces the size of your picture and increases download time for those of us on dial-up connections.

Have you looked at the free storage space many ISP's provide? After I lost several hundred photos when Photopoint went belly up, I started posting directly on my ISP's server. Currently, I must have about 20 Meg stored there. You may already be paying for this space in your monthly fee.

Give your ISP a call.

This is an example of how the pictures appear:

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:20 pm

:shock: George:, I am surprised that we dont see the Cub in the cab of its big brother there doing all the navigating. :)
Then came Bronson

Chris Jones
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Chris Jones » Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:22 pm

I use dial-up too and yes my ISP does provide web space but you have to pay for it. I thought internet access prices were supposed to come down. I'd really like DSL. But, I can't afford to be throwing around cash now. Maybe if I find a job this year -- then again perhaps I'd better save what I make because if history repeats itself I'll find myself out of work again in 5 years. And I like to eat. I'll keep looking.

10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:55 pm

Chris,

I use hp photocartogra
http://www.cartogra.com

It’s free and works very well for me. Sign up and upload your pictures / make your album. When you want to post a picture on the Cub site, open your album check the box on the picture you want to post, go to photo tool ( on the right of page) click on create a link for auction. Highlight and copy the URL and paste it in the message box on the Cub site after you compose your message. In the Cub site look at the row of menu boxes along the top. These allow you to modify your text and add links and photos. With your cursor located in the message where you want the picture to appear click on the box marked "Img". Then paste the link to your photo and then click "Close Tags".

I hope this clear enough for you. If it doesn’t e-mail John ( #$%@! Cub) and he’ll clear things up for you.

Jack Fowler

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”