This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Help With New Board

How do I.... ?
Larry Chatham
10+ Years
10+ Years

Help With New Board

Postby Larry Chatham » Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:29 am

Everytime I try to post a reply I get a message that says invalid session. What am I doing wrong?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Help With New Board

Postby johnbron » Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:33 am

Larry Chatham wrote:Everytime I try to post a reply I get a message that says invalid session. What am I doing wrong?
:?: Larry I cant help except to suggest that possibly you might have to log in first. I have never had that problem and also I never do log-out so I never have had to log-in except the first time when I registered to join the forum.__I am sure somebody on here will have an answer for ya.
Then came Bronson

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:18 am

I have had that happen a few times. What I usually do is use the back button to go back to the block of text I just typed and highlight all of it and hit "control C" to copy it. Then I hit the back button again to back out of the reply window, then hit reply again and paste the text into the block and send again. (too lazy to re-type all of it again). It has always sent successfully the second time. The only time it has given me an error message is when I took a long time composing my reply.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:24 am

I have had this happen to me on a couple of occassions as well. Along with a couple of other error's.

Most of the invalid session, invalid request, gateway timeouts are caused by two main factors.

1- slow links on the net which is affecting the packet delivery and causing the receiving computer to time out according to the settings on that computer.

2- your computer has slowed down due to memory allocation and/or link to you isp has slowed sufficiently to cause the time outs.

Solution -- you have two choices :)

1- wait until the links speed up -- not recommended because colourful language may occur as well as other deprivational side-effects :oops:

2- reboot your computer. this is what I have been doing if I get more than 2 invalid session/request or timeout errors. Works every time :shock:

this seems to be the case whether or not you are using dial-up or high-speed. :?
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:38 am

I noticed that below the statistics on the index page, it says
"This data is based on users active over the past five minutes"
This suggests to me there is a 5 minute limit on typing in a reply before getting the "invalid_session" problem.

Larry Chatham
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Larry Chatham » Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:08 pm

Test Reply. Thanks fellows for the suggestions. I tried a few minutes ago to reply and got the same message. I have re-booted and trying again. :D Hey, I think it is working.

Larry Chatham
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Larry Chatham » Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:11 pm

:o Hey, It did work. I guess I will have to re-boot before coming on line. I stay logged in all the time so that must have been the problem. Now I can talk Cubs again. :D 8)

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:18 pm

:P :) Aahhh! Success. Dont that make ya feel good when you outwit them P.C. Gremlins when they are throwing bugs at you.
Then came Bronson

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”