This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

picture posting

How do I.... ?
Des
10+ Years
10+ Years

picture posting

Postby Des » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:25 pm

I have tried everything I know to post a picture and have not been able to do so. I have sent hundreds of pictures over the internet including e-bay and have never had any problem. I have tried to use the guide you have on the site but I can not get it to work. The one problem is your instructions call for a URL. The pictures I have are filed by a number but it doesn't appear to be the same format as what you are looking for. I am on a PC with XP. Photo programs I have are, Kodak, Windows, Adobe photoshop, and MGI. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Des

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:32 pm

Des, when you have the picture you want to attach up on the screen, right click on it and then choose "properties". Under properties you should see the url of the picture listed under "address". If you copy that address in it's entirety into your post between the image [img] tags it will show up in the post. That is providing you have the image residing on an internet host site. If you do not have an account or do not use your internet provider as a host you can use the Farmallcub / CubFest photo site. It is available to members of the site to use at no charge.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:29 pm

Des:

If you can tell me what part of How to Do Neat Stuff in a Post that is giving you problems, maybe I can rework it to clear up the muddiness..

You wrote:
The one problem is your instructions call for a URL. The pictures I have are filed by a number but it doesn't appear to be the same format as what you are looking for

This is the instructions that assume you have already uploaded these pics to an internet picture hosting site or to a server already. URL stands for Universal Resource Locator or simpler yet is the actual state,city,street, building number, apartment number and room number of the file on a server on the internet. Your problem appears to be that:

1. Your file you are trying to attach is still resident on your computer, which means that there is no way to incorporate a url to that file as your computer is not an internet server or a portal.

2. It is still encumbered with say the dsc00203.jpg name or something similar that your camera or digital software has given it.

As BD mentioned. Farmall Cub Image Server has detailed instruction in the Photo Gallery How To section on how to create an album and then link to a post here in the forums at http://www.farmallcub.com. By using this site, it incorporates an auto upload feature which eliminates the need for a stand-alone or plug-in ftp client and makes uploading much simpler.

One of the things that I have found to be a common problem on many systems is the filing cabinet... or how files are sorted. Leaving files named as the program you are using wishes them to be named leaves a lot to be desired and can be quite confusing. That is why I always create a Data Folder on single volume drives or use a secondary partition on multi-volume drives as the primary save point or filing cabinet for the computer.

Here you can save all of your data, be it pics, or html pages or whatever into directories that you name yourself. Then the pics also can be renamed to more accurately reflect the contents of the jpeg, tiff, gif or whatever format is being used.

I know it is kinda basic, but it works and makes things easier to handle. When you have files on a server on the net, it takes time to view each one to figure out what it is. If each file has a unique name that describes the contents accurately then it is much easier to find.

So, I guess my suggestion is this..

Name the file to more accurately describe it's contents
Create an album at Farmall Cub Image Server
Upload the pics to that album
Use either the How to Do Neat Stuff in a Post article or the Photo Gallery How To articles to link to your post.
Have fun!

Hope this helps and that I understood your post correctly.....
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”