Recommendations for TV set.

Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:36 pm

Need to purchase a new TV set for living room.

Daughter has a large flat screen TV set that controls the volume level during the advertisements and when switching from channel to channel.

Looking for a medium sized TV set that does the same thing. Haven't found much of any thing on the internet.

Recommendations appreciated.

Re: Recommendations for TV set.

Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:41 pm

Don't know if they have a model with those features, but I have found Visio to be a good quality television.

Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:47 pm

Love my Samsung LED. Have had it for bout 3 yrs now.

Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:02 pm

Samsung 32in LED has the required feature and the appropriate size.

Auto volume leveler. Prevents sudden increases in sound, especially for TV commercials and movie soundtracks.

More recommendations requested.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:16 pm

Every TV in my house is Samsung. No problems with any of them.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:50 pm

I asked the same question to a supervisor of an audio video installation company and the response was " cant go wrong with Samsung " . I own them myself and have no problems with them..

Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:29 am

Stay away from Sony--had 2 crap out within 2 years of purchase--just out of warranty--no help from
Sony :evil: Had a POS Samsung bluray player--lasted 2 wks--no Samsung in my house!

Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:04 pm

I'd say samsung has the upper hand in the screen display world right now. My Samsung flatscreen tv is very nice.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:34 pm

You can buy a separate volume balancer that works on a radio and stereo that evens out the sound ….They use them sometimes in Drs offices etc….I had one that I tried to balance tracks with on homemade CD's …Worked on commercial CD's but not on my own recordings….I don't know how they would hook up to a TV though…And I don't remember the price….But their available….

Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:37 pm

Samsung, Samsung, Samsung ....

I love me Samsung.

Did I mention that I like my Samsung .. have a 42" and we love it