TP Tools comes through again!

Thu May 08, 2014 10:27 pm

Just over a year ago I bought a new media blaster from TP Tools. Mostly because they are US made, but also because I used one at DSCF and saw how well it was constructed vs the TSC and Harbor Freight models. Yesterday at 11:00 AM I placed an order for some replacement glass covers and nozzles. At noon today and UPS truck was in my driveway with my parts. Those guys don't mess around. Quality products and quality service. You can't get any better than that!

Re: TP Tools comes through again!

Thu May 08, 2014 10:35 pm

They are a gem for sure, quality products and service.

Fast service is a plus with the slacker you let use it burning through the tips and all. :wink:

Thu May 08, 2014 10:38 pm

Yeah, David, I got carbide tips this time. Let's see how long those babies last. :lol:

Fri May 09, 2014 6:27 am

It's been a while since I've ordered supplies from them (I stocked up last time), but you're absolutely right! Quality products and Great service.

Sun May 11, 2014 4:49 pm

ditto!
Ed

Sat May 17, 2014 8:32 pm

Barnyard wrote:Yeah, David, I got carbide tips this time. Let's see how long those babies last. :lol:

Last year I upgraded my Harbor Freight Gun with the TP Tool Gun and Pick-up kit. What an amazing difference. After burning through 3 steel nozzles in no time I ordered the carbide tip. I rotate it often and it's still working well, but after hours and hours of blasting the hole is now a bit large. I just ordered a new tip. You'll find out just how much blasting I had to do to wear out a carbide nozzle.

Love TP Tools.....

Sat May 17, 2014 8:39 pm

Ken, make sure you replace the rubber seal that is directly behind the nozzle as often as you can. I bought a pack of twenty five. A deformed seal will where a new nozzle out very fast. The one David used was brand new steel and it wore out in less than an hour. The seal in the back of the gun should be replaced frequently also.

Sat May 17, 2014 8:59 pm

Barnyard wrote:Ken, make sure you replace the rubber seal that is directly behind the nozzle as often as you can. I bought a pack of twenty five. A deformed seal will where a new nozzle out very fast. The one David used was brand new steel and it wore out in less than an hour. The seal in the back of the gun should be replaced frequently also.

Thanks for the sound advice.

Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:21 pm

Which abrasive material do you suggest using?

Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:12 pm

Sailor wrote:Which abrasive material do you suggest using?

I've used the expensive stuff from TP Tools, but now use the $7.95 bags from Tractor Supply.