Brass Punch Set

Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:34 pm

Dad always had one piece of brass that was supposed to work for every purpose. Figuring you can never have too many tools - especially ones that come with cases, I just had to order this from Amazon.

IMG_2504 (800x600).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Brass Punch Set

Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:12 am

I have various chunks of brass stock that I use. I also have a pair of brass hammers, hand poured and given to me by George Willer, that I will never use!

Re: Brass Punch Set

Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:22 am

Gary Dotson wrote:I have various chunks of brass stock that I use. I also have a pair of brass hammers, hand poured and given to me by George Willer, that I will never use!


Hey Gary, stick those in your camper. Would make a great conversation piece, plus I'd sure like to see 'em. :{_}:

Re: Brass Punch Set

Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:26 am

I never thought about doing that, Roy, I'm loading the camper, for Portland, today, so I'll grab them and put them in and leave them in there.

Re: Brass Punch Set

Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:51 pm

PVF1799 wrote:Dad always had one piece of brass that was supposed to work for every purpose. Figuring you can never have too many tools - especially ones that come with cases, I just had to order this from Amazon.

IMG_2504 (800x600).jpg

A bit of overkill, for the average cub owner. I have one brass punch, that serves me for a cub fleet. Ed

Re: Brass Punch Set

Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:38 pm

ScottyD'sdad wrote:
PVF1799 wrote:Dad always had one piece of brass that was supposed to work for every purpose. Figuring you can never have too many tools - especially ones that come with cases, I just had to order this from Amazon.

IMG_2504 (800x600).jpg

A bit of overkill, for the average cub owner. I have one brass punch, that serves me for a cub fleet. Ed


Very True for a fleet Cub Owner, but I've got Skid Steers, bat wing mowers, hay wagons, manure spreaders, farm tractors and within a year a 110 - 140 hp tractor, three pick-up trucks, 10-15 unversal shafts of all sizes, etc, etc....Overkill probably, right up until the time I need it.

See you next week....:D

Re: Brass Punch Set

Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:16 pm

You did good. Go bang them up a bit just for some character.

Re: Brass Punch Set

Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:54 pm

Ken, that is bea-u-ti-full! Too pretty to use. Gary, how about pix for the rest of us?