This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Product reliability report (safety warning)

Tools and Reviews to help your fellow Cubber's.
Forum rules
Unwarranted FLAME reviews will be deleted without notice. Members are encouraged to exhaust all arbitration efforts with the companies before posting negative reviews here.

FarmallCub.Com and the moderators are not responsible for member reviews of businesses and attractions.

Send issues regarding reviews to Cub@farmallcub.com.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Product reliability report (safety warning)

Postby BigBill » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:52 am

I'm not sure where to put this but i wish we had a section for reports on products with safety problems.

I purchased a new homelite hedge trimmer 26HT model UT40502 I used it last year and took it out agin to use this year and i noticed the anti vibration handle was secured by three screws. Two of the screws were thru holes with nuts while the third one near the operator was just a sheetmetal/self tapping screw into a plastic boss on the handle. This is a 3/8" round and 1" high "plastic boss" that extends on the handle. Of course this is were it seperated from the handle. Now the handle were my hand is floats when i pick up the tirmmer. Its so little you won't notice it or will hardley notice it in your hand unless you look closely at it. I don't know how this got past the design review when it was discussed before going into production. Shame on you Homelite for manufacturing a sleezy product. You never put a self tapping screw on a handle in plastic, all three screws should of been thru bolts with nuts. Cut costs somewhere else not in safety areas.

Besafe and inspect all your equipment before operating it!!!!!!
BigBill
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Product reliability report (safety warning)

Postby Barnyard » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:54 am

While placing it here is okay, this website actually has two other sections where this could be placed. One is the "Safety Forum" where several folks have expressed safety concerns. The other is the "Reviews" section. where you can give a review, good or bad, of a product.

Thanks for giving us all a heads up to the problem with this trimmer. It may save an injury and is something to look at in other, similar products.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Return to “Tool Talk and Reviews”