This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Slime!!

Tools and Reviews to help your fellow Cubber's.
Forum rules
Unwarranted FLAME reviews will be deleted without notice. Members are encouraged to exhaust all arbitration efforts with the companies before posting negative reviews here.

FarmallCub.Com and the moderators are not responsible for member reviews of businesses and attractions.

Send issues regarding reviews to Cub@farmallcub.com.
Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow
Circle of Safety: Y

Slime!!

Postby Hengy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:17 pm

Good evening all!

Tonight, I had the opportunity to slime my tires...

When I installed my new front tires from Yogie on my rims as Yogie recommended, but found that the valve stem that I got didn't seal well on the hole in the rim due to some old rust that was on the inside of the rim. I was thinking that I was going to have to go back and get a tube for that one wheel...PAIN TO REINSTALL. I thought, "I have heard of others using Slime to seal punctures in a tire, maybe it will work on this leaky stem."

Well, I am here to report that it works like a charm! I followed the directions on the bottle and put the slime in the wheel and refilled the tire. Then I turned the wheel so the slime could get to the stem area... POOF... leak stopped.

This product is easy to use and even includes the tool you need to remove the innards of the valve so you can get the slime in the tire...

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460

Re: Slime!!

Postby Mr E » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:27 pm

It works well on lawn mower tires. Just be sure to tell the Tech that the tire has been "slimed" if you get someone to change the tire for you. :lol: :lol: It is an absolute mess in there when the tire is removed.
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:15 am

I have used Slime, and similar products for several years as needed. It even sealed a valve stem that had a leak in the side I had been unable to find till a little Slime seeped out before it sealed. Real good for extending the life of the cheap older tires used on lawnmowers, golf carts, etc. that begin to leak in small places all along the sidewalls, or where the 2 halves are molded together. I do not know if the formula has been changed, but it used to be that if you put tubeless Slime in a tube type tire it would dissolve the glue where the tube was put together. If the interior of your wheels have bad paint, they will rust inside till the oxygen in the air is used up.

One other thing I have noticed, is that as Slime gets more popular, and the tires on lawnmowers, etc. get poorer quality, so there is more need for it, the price has been going up pretty steadily.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:39 pm

There are a number of "Slime" type products out there, for tube and tubless tires.

I've been using a product from NAPA for tube type tires. Works well on Cub fronts. I buy a gallon at a time. Last price for a gallon was $32.??
I have an excuse. CRS.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:36 am

mIKE HOW YOU EVER WORK OUT WITH BROOKS BARBQUE
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."