This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Walkers Silencer bt earbuds

Tools and Reviews to help your fellow Cubber's.
Forum rules
Unwarranted FLAME reviews will be deleted without notice. Members are encouraged to exhaust all arbitration efforts with the companies before posting negative reviews here.

FarmallCub.Com and the moderators are not responsible for member reviews of businesses and attractions.

Send issues regarding reviews to Cub@farmallcub.com.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Walkers Silencer bt earbuds

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:26 pm

I have always had sensitive hearing, and loud noise especially for long periods really bother me. I have a 48 inch Simplicity ZTR that is extremely loud. I normally wear memory foam ear plugs. Since I wear a hat to reduce problems caused by the sun, head phones are not practical. That is where these ear buds come in. They reduce the noise to a minor level, and will stream music, or whatever audio I prefer. You can use your smart phone to control the level of outside sounds. They are designed for shooting, which I have not tried using them, but I figure they will be good for that. The only problem I have is that my wireless provider is Cricket Wireless, which is part of AT&T, and reception is only fair at best where I live, and the music keeps dropping out as I drive around the yard.

https://www.walkersgameear.com/silencer ... -ear-pair/

Midwayusa.com has them for 139.99, but not sure for how long.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63628
Tractors Owned: '40 H
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
No. 8 Little Genius 2-12 Plow
IH Running Gear
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Walkers Silencer bt earbuds

Postby T-Mo » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:46 am

The zero turns are a bit more noisier than a regular L&G tractor, especially the commercial ztrs with their higher blade tip speed. With the engine right behind you and not under any kind of hood, and with the blades swirling, it can become a bit noisy. It's always funny that when I was mowing grass at the church, my wife would always call and she gets a bit put out that I don't answer. I tried to tell her, with the vibration and noise of the machine, ain't no way am I'm going to hear my cell phone ringing nor feel the vibration of it when it does ring.

Steve Butram
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 47906
eBay ID: steveb05
Tractors Owned: 1947 in well used condition
1948 restored
Nice original 1950 just out of the Demo Range
628 2 wheel Trailer
1950 Demo
Tryke
Rat Cub

Postby Steve Butram » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:04 pm

I use the ISO Tunes pro 2.0 Plus for mowing a little cheaper than the silencer.

They Bluetooth to my phone,adjust the volume with the volume control on the earbuds or with your phone volume. I can answer the phone with the control on the earbud. They run for 10 hours on a charge. I use them every day when I walk the dog. the only down fall I have encountered the one of the foam pieces came off the plastic adapter that screws onto the earbud.

use TTWT in the discount code to get 10% off :)

https://isotunes.com/products/isotunes-pro-2

https://isotunes.com/pages/earplug-headphones-lawn-care
Be prepared to be unprepared Seth Goden

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:25 pm

Steve, I have not tried that particular ones, but have tried similar ones and they did not mute the mower enough to be able to listen to music at a reasonable volume.In addition to the insert that goes into the ear, Walkers has a wing deal that further reduces sound. It covers the area all around the opening into your ear.

If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Steve Butram
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 47906
eBay ID: steveb05
Tractors Owned: 1947 in well used condition
1948 restored
Nice original 1950 just out of the Demo Range
628 2 wheel Trailer
1950 Demo
Tryke
Rat Cub

Postby Steve Butram » Fri May 01, 2020 5:43 am

John, I use mine mowing.I never have to turn it up to max volume to get good quality sound. I wouldn't think of mowing with out them. they work great in the barn when I'm using the chop saw and grinder.

Once you figure out the ear foam size they are easy to insert and take out. I
Be prepared to be unprepared Seth Goden

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Fri May 01, 2020 7:13 am

I called Steve, last week, and was kinda surprised when said he was mowing. I wondered how he could hear and answer the phone, I guess I can understand, now.

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Postby tmays » Fri May 01, 2020 11:55 am

Steve Butram wrote:I use the ISO Tunes pro 2.0 Plus for mowing a little cheaper than the silencer.

They Bluetooth to my phone,adjust the volume with the volume control on the earbuds or with your phone volume. I can answer the phone with the control on the earbud. They run for 10 hours on a charge. I use them every day when I walk the dog. the only down fall I have encountered the one of the foam pieces came off the plastic adapter that screws onto the earbud.

use TTWT in the discount code to get 10% off :)

https://isotunes.com/products/isotunes-pro-2

https://isotunes.com/pages/earplug-headphones-lawn-care

Saw a woodworker on YouTube highly recommend these. Planning on getting then myself. Amazes me that you can talk with them while operating equipment
Thomas

Return to “Tool Talk and Reviews”