This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

He lives on

Prayer Requests, Family Announcements, Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, etc.
Zorro
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 01821
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
1968 Case 155
Scotts 1542
Cordwood Saw
CC 125
CC 102
CC 129/1200
Circle of Safety: Y

He lives on

Postby Zorro » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:23 pm

On September 10th of this year, my nephew fell from a ladder. He hit his head, and suffered massive injury to his brain never regaining consciousness. The neurosurgeon told us that there was no hope, and explained that it would not be possible to keep him alive for very long. It was soon after that the topic of organ donation came up. My brother and his wife made the most heart wrenching decision a parent can possibly make, and they signed the paper work. We had a couple of days to say our goodbyes and then it was time. The transplants went on soon after, and we learned that his heart was now beating in a man's chest who is in his fifties, his liver and left kidney are in a man who had suffered from Crohn's disease for decades, and his right kidney is helping a 22 month old boy. I am extremely proud of my brother and my sister-in-law for being so unselfish in their most desperate hour.
My nephew was an incredible young man, and had a thousand visitors at his wake. Also there were some 90 or so visitors at the ICU. He was 31 years old.
Every tear is a tribute.
Hold her Knute, she's headin' for the buckwheat!

Return to “Sharing with Friends and Family”