This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Mike Sloane will be missed

Prayer Requests, Family Announcements, Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, etc.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Mike Sloane will be missed

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:21 pm

Just received an email that Mike Sloane, an IH fan and long time member of ATIS, and other forums passed away yesterday. I have no further info at present.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Mike Sloane will be missed

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:44 pm

I considered Mike to be a good friend, although we never met face to face. He was one of the early members of the original ATIS mailing list. Cubs and other machinery were only one of his wide variety of interests. The ATIS Cub FAQ was originally written by Bob Brooks. However, Mike and I reviewed and edited the contents before it was published. A number of "standard practices" posted on this site have had the benefit of Mike's contributions.

Mike was heavily involved with his community (another topic that he and I discussed on occasion). Take a look on page 10 of this publication. It was written last winter after his health forced him to resign from his position as Councilman in Allamuchy Township. It will give you some idea of his contributions to his community.

http://pvpoa.org/docs/January%202014%20Panther.pdf

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Mike Sloane will be missed

Postby Super A » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:50 pm

Very sad to hear. Mike is one of the first names I recall from the ATIS.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Return to “Sharing with Friends and Family”